R nine T urban GS in Chestermotorrad - what should I look for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind the BMW dealer.
As a thieving, bagsnatching Scouser, the whole concept of buying anything will be alien to you. :D

Mmmm ...pot .. kettle ...black ... springs to mind .... “ Wirral “ !!! Just saying :augie

Tiz so.
Full pillion accommodation facilities, or none at all.

Correct. I have removed the rear sub-frame (complete with passenger pegs) and the rear seat had to be removed to pass its MOT. Rear seat now replaced with a Sargent storage pod.

i cant see that being true ?

it is - i once took my 2003 Z1000 for a test with the rear seat cowl fitted - the tester passed it, but commented to me that he shouldn't have really as it had pillion pegs fitted - and that next time either bring it with the pillion seat fitted, or remove the pillion pegs.

ive had the same comment when taking in a 2003 Zx-6R (same design rear end) a few years earlier (different test station)

Can’t remember how tall you are but if you are over 5’10” you may need an extended ride to make sure you don’t find it hideously uncomfortable, which may be why yet another 9T is up for sale with such low miles......

Horses for courses, we're all different..

I'm 5'11" and find my Urban very comfortable, only thing i changed was adding a set of bar risers. Other than that i can ride it all day with no issues...

Just been perusing the R nine T's etc. and I do love the Akropovic twin silencers on the BMW R NINE T Scrambler X ABS ( same colour as my new MT09 Sport Tracker, which is a pity ) . Does the Urban come with this silencer or is it an added expense? New Urban can be had for £10,500.

That'll be for the GS Urban (cast wheels, non LED indicators, no heated grips, non chrome exhaust etc) the GS Urban X (which has it all) comes in around £11,500..

Well that seems just plain daft. I can see why you should have footpegs fitted if you have a pillion seat because you could take a pillion and it would be unsafe . However, if you effectively have no place to put a pillion what difference would it make if you have pegs or not !?

What a bloody load of nonsense :blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom