Walkie Talkies - talk to me....I'm looking to purchase a set. Which do you recommend?

DeanoBeano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm heading off on a trip soon with another person. I have heard (no pun intended) that walkie talkies are a great way to keep in touch. Who uses em' and any recommendations of which brand or what to avoid etc...

By walkie talkie I assume you mean bike to bike radios or PMRs?

As a bike instructor I have used PMRs for many years to communicate with students - I use an IntaRide IR803 which has been absolutely rock solid and reliable for nearly ten years. There are cheaper options that you might consider as you will not need a hi-spec radio for your needs. IntaRide have quite a selection so I suggest that you give them a call.

You will also need a headset, harness and PTT (Push To Talk) button to mount on your bars if you go wired or they have a Bluetooth solution - depends on your budget.

http://www.intaride.com/training_schools.html

I agree with his lordship BUT, a good quality bluetooth intercom will do what you want just as well.

Yes indeed

SENA do some good Bluetooth helmet intercoms that will do bike to bike over various distances

Scala are also popular

That is my thinking, I have Schuberth SC1 comms made by Sena, and they say you can talk to the bike in front a KM away, not tried that yet, but works well with pillion, sometimes to well.

We've used MT600 for around 6years.

£30 for a pair (used)...

2 x AliExpress helmet headsets with mic & ptt = £30...

£60... Good for nearly a mile depending on conditions.

Sent from my London Taxi

I have an interide 803/ Autocom setup which are permanently hard wired to the bike with an external aerial. I also have a couple of Kenwood Funkey radios which I loan to a mate who also has Autocom. The funkeys take AA batteries which last for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom