1956R 50

RSPSTEVE

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just acquired this bike and am looking for recommendations
For someone who I take it too to get it fully checked over and set up .
Thanks in advance

Steve

Attachments

• 95298792-4BD9-4CEF-A7DC-C1587641CB53.jpg
    95298792-4BD9-4CEF-A7DC-C1587641CB53.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 777562F9-5105-4475-8FEF-B4E3F93C70ED.jpg
    777562F9-5105-4475-8FEF-B4E3F93C70ED.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 372
Looks like a nice example,
We have rebuilt a few of these engines and gearboxes.
Do you know or have much service history with it?
Indeed. We are suitably special tooled up for this vintage.

..... and
acb2fc97fcb1a54a22ecf1499fa1e833.jpg

That needs a single seat arrangement, then it would be complete. To do that you may need the Harley/Guzzi toolbox :D

Looks lovely, but an acquired taste to ride IIRC. Watch out down-changing in the wet. Still I almost talked myself into an R60 last year, then missed it whilst deliberating - I always remember the Gendarmerie riding these in pairs back in the day, fully tooled up when the OAS were threatening De Gaulle.

When I ran a '56 R26 years back, the maintenance regime was all pretty simple TBH. Problems only occured if anything material failed, as the whole bike seemed to be designed around the need for a whole plethora of special tools (unusual at the time)

Looks lovely, but an acquired taste to ride IIRC. Watch out down-changing in the wet. Still I almost talked myself into an R60 last year, then missed it whilst deliberating - I always remember the Gendarmerie riding these in pairs back in the day, fully tooled up when the OAS were threatening De Gaulle.

When I ran a '56 R26 years back, the maintenance regime was all pretty simple TBH. Problems only occured if anything material failed, as the whole bike seemed to be designed around the need for a whole plethora of special tools (unusual at the time)

Funny you should say that. I watched The Day of the Jackal a month or so ago. Great to see so many of these bikes in the film.

Regardless my comment, it looks lovely. There is/was a R60 for sale near me. £10k and I think only 3 owners, original paintwork.

That needs a single seat arrangement, then it would be complete. To do that you may need the Harley/Guzzi toolbox :D

This I like as it is, but I know what you're saying. For a while I fancied getting the split seated R69S in Dover white. If I had the room and the money I still might.

Although, after my last bike purchase/project, I would have to gain permission first. :blast

Looks lovely, but an acquired taste to ride IIRC. Watch out down-changing in the wet. Still I almost talked myself into an R60 last year, then missed it whilst deliberating - I always remember the Gendarmerie riding these in pairs back in the day, fully tooled up when the OAS were threatening De Gaulle

We were in France yesterday watching the Tour. The Gendarmes were riding RT’s still going round corners like swallows, brilliant riding.

By the way lovely bike, if I had a classic BM I would look no further than Mikeboy, just look at his work on his threads.

Steve
Ps Im loving the details like the pump, just lovely

This I like as it is, but I know what you're saying. For a while I fancied getting the split seated R69S in Dover white. If I had the room and the money I still might.

Although, after my last bike purchase/project, I would have to gain permission first. :blast

Remember the words,” but my darling/dear it’s a solid investment “
Jobs a goodn!
I’d rather have five of these in my garage over a loadacash tied up in ISA,s:thumby:

Remember the words,” but my darling/dear it’s a solid investment “
Jobs a goodn!
I’d rather have five of these in my garage over a loadacash tied up in ISA,s:thumby:

You're skating on thin ice mate, she holds you half responsible :hide

Back
Top Bottom