Tyre Inflator

karlp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking for a small compact but good quality tyre inflator for my GS that I can take on the bike.

Any recommendations please.

Buy the cheapest tyre inflator you can find.

Remove the case of the large plastic box.

You’ll find the small compressor inside.

Use it, along with a pencil pressure gauge.

Job done.

Last time I re-fuelled at Sainsburys, I noticed they are selling 12v pumps at £ 10, worth a gamble

I've got, and have used in anger several times :) a rocky creek compressor, it is tiny and ticks all your boxes. Last Friday it was pressed into service to reinflate the rear tyre of the GSA after fixing a puncture just outside Nairn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZIet39ji0Tw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buy the cheapest tyre inflator you can find.

Remove the case of the large plastic box.

You’ll find the small compressor inside.

Use it, along with a pencil pressure gauge.

Job done.

Totally agree. I’ve done this a few times. No matter the make on the plastic outside the actual works are always the same. JJH

I think they are in Homebargains for around £5-£10 max

I bought a tiny AA branded one with a built in gauge and an led light. Dead cheap, works perfectly.

I bought a tiny AA branded one with a built in gauge and an led light. Dead cheap, works perfectly.

Me too £11.99 from our local coop petrol station. I changed the plug to an optimate fitting so I can plug it in straight to my battery via the permanent optimate charger cable. It all fits very nicely in a Kriega stash pouch with my Stop and Go puncture repair kit (and fuses, cable ties and latex gloves) which then fits perfectly into my touratech tool box on my pannier rail.

I am looking for a small compact but good quality tyre inflator for my GS that I can take on the bike.

Any recommendations please.

Whatever you get, be aware that some pumps trip the current limiter on the aux socket.
It may work initially but as tyre pressure increses and load increases, you find you cannot get full pressure.
Test it, at full tyre pressure, before headin off into the wilds.
If it does trip, then fit an additional aux socket direct from battery via a fuse.

If it does trip, then fit an additional aux socket direct from battery via a fuse.
Or to keep it simple and to be able to run your pump with any battery, not just your own bike's, fit a set of Croc clips in place of the plug.

Back
Top Bottom