BMW MOTORRAD INSURED WARRANTY

Chrisvh

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Received the warranty letter as expected 2 weeks ago. Could not log-in on website using log-in details. Spoke to 2 people on phone and assured that there was a problem on the website and it would be fixed. 2 weeks later still cannot access the website.

Anybody else had problems/success?

Will now look elsewhere.

Just took out my warranty a week ago via the website.

Chose to pay monthly so I can cancel anytime I like.

I've just renewed mine and asked the age old question about servicing.
I was given an unequivocal 'As long as the bike is serviced by a VAT registered garage using BMW parts and the required oil the bike is covered. It does not have to be serviced by a BMW main dealer.'.

If you pay monthly, the warranty cannot be transferred if you sell the bike. Plus the monthly price might go up. Of course cashflow is a consideration too.

I must admit to being surprised that one can use a non-BMW Dealer for service - often a paid-for warranty can legally insist that the work is done by the network as it is a contract you voluntarily enter into, unlike the new vehicle warranty which cannot be opted-out from.

I still pay (the ever-increasing cost of) Extended Warranty - gives nearly new bike cover without having to spend £15K replacing my bike.

i received my letter last week just short of £400 for cover, i have rode 28,000 miles in the past 2 years without any problems, but for piece of mind i will be taking BMW INSURED WARRANTY suppose its down to personnel choice

Be careful if you then decide to cancel due to selling or part-ex your bike - I cancelled mine with 7months left - refund of £245 due, but then none due to roadside assistance call - guy came out got bike running with in 5mins - that is a very expensive callout!!!!:mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom