Touratech Gps Mount vibrations

R800

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mounted the touratec mount above the clocks on my 1090... iv a zumo 350 in the touratech licking cradle... the bibs are so bad the whole clock shakes and it’s after marking the screen.
Absolute disaster... tried lots but anyone got a good solution besides the bin!!!

Guys on advrider have made reinforcing struts to fix this. I'd send it back to TT and buy something better.

Send it back and buy an SW Motech mount. Ditch the TT locking mount as well....you can open them pretty easy with a flat head screwdriver.

D.

I don’t know if it’s the same mount on the 1090 as the 1190 but I never had any problems with the KTM satnav mount when used with a Garmin 390 which is the same size unit.

It’s completely unusable... and I discovered it pulled on the threads of the top screw... have sent pics to touratech and waiting in s reply!

Iv ordered a sw motech one in the mean time

I don’t know if it’s the same mount on the 1090 as the 1190 but I never had any problems with the KTM satnav mount when used with a Garmin 390 which is the same size unit.

It is, the 1090 front end and clocks look identical to the 1190.

I have the SW-Motech ones on our 1090 and 1190. They do wobble a little bit, but not enough to bother me, the 1190 one has done about 15k without issue now, we have a 340 and a 345, might wobble a bit more with a larger sat-nav fitted.

I have the same issue, although mine is the 660, not had a chance to look into it to much yet but suspect the rubber mounts don't help

I have the same issue, although mine is the 660, not had a chance to look into it to much yet but suspect the rubber mounts don't help

Yes I agree. I also tried to support the arms by putting rubber beteeen the long arms and the top horizontal piece of the mount under the clocks. Didn’t work...
I have been onto touratech about a refund which they agreed to, and also enquired about a screen to replace my damaged one, as of yet no luck. I showed them pics of the damage and also the damage to the thread on the top screw... they tried telling me they never had one give trouble before so I proceeded to send them links to all the sites where people state they have trouble with vibrations, but noting back yet...

Installed the sw motech Mount over the clocks over the weekend... it’s like night and day.

Excellent quality and design is far superior to the touratech.

Used 2 Mount points for support, very happy and would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom