CAEN ACCOMODATION

cjw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Me and my lad are looking for an overnight stop in Caen in early September before catching the Ouistreham/Portsmouth ferry on the next night.One of our bikes is a classic which we don't want to park on the street overnight. So we are looking for accommodation that has secure bike parking within walking distance where we can get a few beers and a decent meal, any ideas/suggestions, please?

I woudn’t worry too much about the street. After Le Mans, there are cars worth multiple thousands parked over night. Nothing seems to happen.

Not happy?

Go onto Booking.com where you will find upwards of 60 hotels listed. Find one you like? Click on ‘Facilities’ which will tell you about parking. Want to be sure? Ring them up.

We recently visited a hotel by the gates to the port in Caen, it’s a useful RV point when touring with a group. This time the hotel warned us that the car park was no longer secure as the illegals walking around the area are committing crime.

Ouistreham is tiny but has an Ibis Styles right next to the ferry port. Gated car park. Very handy if you have an early ferry.

Restaurant next door or short walk to Avenue de la Mer which has a choice of pubs & restaurants

I woudn’t worry too much about the street. After Le Mans, there are cars worth multiple thousands parked over night. Nothing seems to happen.

Not happy?

Go onto Booking.com where you will find upwards of 60 hotels listed. Find one you like? Click on ‘Facilities’ which will tell you about parking. Want to be sure? Ring them up.

Fair point, but as we can chain the 'proper' bike to the XR which has an alarm, its not theft thats the main concern, its the passing fuckwits messing with my pride and joy that worries me
'

Fair point, but as we can chain the 'proper' bike to the XR which has an alarm, its not theft thats the main concern, its the passing fuckwits messing with my pride and joy that worries me
'

Never happened in very many years of bike travel..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed in hotel de France. Rue de la gare. +33231521699. They have a roller shutter garage in a courtyard with metal gates. Six of us and all under cover. Hotel is cheap enough and rooms are ok for one night.

Ibis Caen Centre has underground parking perfectly located right on the marina loads of bars and restaurants.

The old town is a few minutes walk away with more restaurant choices.

If the Ibis is full the Mercure is next door and share the same underground car park.

Check out their prices on www.accorhotels.com

Ibis Caen Centre has underground parking perfectly located right on the marina loads of bars and restaurants.

If the Ibis is full the Mercure is next door and share the same underground car park.

Looks a good spot with lots about:cool:

Did they do the normal Ibis 6:30am breakfast?

How much did they charge for the car park for a motorcycle?

Thank you very much, thats exactly the sort of information that I was looking for,Booking, you cant beat recommendations.
Cheers
Craig

Looks a good spot with lots about:cool:

Did they do the normal Ibis 6:30am breakfast?

How much did they charge for the car park for a motorcycle?

Hi Dave can’t remember on both counts seem to think parking was about 10 Euro but we jammed about 7 bikes on the one space.
Somewhere in the booking process there is a special request, I usually put in parking for moto so they are aware and resreve a space.

Thank you very much, thats exactly the sort of information that I was looking for,Booking, you cant beat recommendations.
Cheers
Craig
If your staying on a Saturday night there is a huge market on a Sunday right outside the hotel door. :thumb

Hi Dave can’t remember on both counts seem to think parking was about 10 Euro but we jammed about 7 bikes on the one space.
Somewhere in the booking process there is a special request, I usually put in parking for moto so they are aware and resreve a space.

Ok, cheers

Cheers
Craig

Ibis booked, the secure underground parking sold it for me!,
Thank you very much for the tip
Cheers
Craig

Back
Top Bottom