Alternatives to the R1150GS Tool Tray ~

David Nimrod

Reality you can rely on...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm fed up with the fussy under the pillion seat tool tray on my R1150GS...

It probably looked great in the design studio, but it irritates the hell out of me!

Does anyone make a simple rectangular shaped alternative, so I can carry more tools..?

Tis a thing of minimalist design, only useful for the BMW tools.............sadly

I seem to remember a thread many years ago where someone cut the backside out of the tray and fabricated a square one from glass-fibre:nenau

I seem to remember a thread many years ago where someone cut the backside out of the tray and fabricated a square one from glass-fibre:nenau

Most of it was in the late 90/early 2000 era. I remember a few articles about chopping out the rear mudguard to make a deeper box. It all went away when the tool tubes and those toolboxes that bolt on the inside of the pannier frames appeared.

an 1150 version of these https://www.nippynormans.com/tool-boxes-for-1200-adventure-and-gs

Hang on, I thought the idea of buying an 1150 was that you didn’t have to worry about fixing it at the side of the road :nenau

Hang on, I thought the idea of buying an 1150 was that you didn’t have to worry about fixing it at the side of the road :nenau

But what about your biker mates that have broken down? You need some tools to be able to help them to stay on the road with you.

Back
Top Bottom