New product

I would be interested in a 2 foot pole with chain links at one end to beat the shit out of undesirables who come near my bike.

If you can disguise it as a security device that locks my front wheel to my centre stand when deployed, that might be useful.

And then stored across the handlebars in a neat form-factor like a brace, so it is easy unclipped to be at hand when needed, officer.

Only kidding.... or am I.

Locking the centre stand is easy, just put a chain or a cable lock from the cross support on the stand through the front wheel and forks though if you’ve already put a lock through the forks and wheel I don’t know why you’d need to bother :nenau

While Mark is thinking on a design, weatherstripping to plug the open area helps a lot, just like windows.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...sKQKHdnICrkQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=867#imgrc=_

Cheers - I’ll try the weatherstrip idea. This is the gap between seat and frame ...

070fc3ed12aa08e0e0815b3e081ae24a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think sir requires a 5 D cell mag lite torch.

You're right, burying the body in the dark will be a nightmare.... good call.

Cheers - I’ll try the weatherstrip idea. This is the gap between seat and frame ...

070fc3ed12aa08e0e0815b3e081ae24a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s some gap mate! I’ve got some really thick neoprene strip if that would help? About 15mm thick and just as wide???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mark,thats a nice idea for storage.It would benefit from an inner bag to exploit the available space.mean't in a constructive way,promise!

I would be interested in a 2 foot pole with chain links at one end to beat the shit out of undesirables who come near my bike.

If you can disguise it as a security device that locks my front wheel to my centre stand when deployed, that might be useful.

And then stored across the handlebars in a neat form-factor like a brace, so it is easy unclipped to be at hand when needed, officer.

Someone on the DR650 facebook posted an upgrade foot peg for harleys thats a metal extendable baton.
https://www.facebook.com/ManShedOff...4mE&fref=gs&dti=33738572471&hc_location=group

Hi Mark,thats a nice idea for storage.It would benefit from an inner bag to exploit the available space.mean't in a constructive way,promise!

Yes, that’s a great idea - it was also further support the idea of it being weatherproof and no, never, would I think anything other than ‘helpful suggestions’ (it’s why I post stuff to listen to people kind enough to share helpful ideas).

Nonetheless, I’m sending the boys round :)

That’s some gap mate! I’ve got some really thick neoprene strip if that would help? About 15mm thick and just as wide???

That’s a good idea - I have some old Karrimat material I can use.

Reason the gap is so big is because I have the seat set on “Nin High” setting

e0fef40455211154032844c48ca4cae9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Centre stand lock sounds as good as the bullet proof screen :) and yeah Buccleuch arms is pretty brill - am there now, home to scunny tmoz then back again for a five day tour with the Buccleuch family :)

Centre stand lock - I've been looking at doing this myself. I reckon a bracket with a hole welded onto the top part of the stand in just the right place would allow a lock to be passed though when the stand is in use. This would then foul on the bike frame and prevent the stand from being retracted. It would be possible to use a reasonably substantial bracket or preferably two, one placed to pass each side of the frame part the stand bolts to as it pivots. The right side seems the most promising location so far as having room for the lock. Only thing putting me off is that I would have to remove the stand and send it away for welding and then powder coating. Maybe you could offer an exchange service?

I think stands are circa £250+ I guess I’d have to buy one first and modify it unless I can get my hands on a ‘spare’ one

I think stands are circa £250+ I guess I’d have to buy one first and modify it unless I can get my hands on a ‘spare’ one

I had my eye on a used one on eBay for my bike which is the lowered version so needs the shorter stand, but decided it was too expensive.

Maybe you could provide a winter time service whereby people could send their own stand in for the mod without causing too much inconvenience, and after all the bike can still be used without the centre stand so an exchange service would not be essential.

Fred

There’s a reason why I did it as I did but I can’t remember why :) you need to ask this sort of thing not in a Friday night :) but yeah I could change over the opening - I think I did it so you needed to be nearside to the kerb on opening for safety or some bollocks like that :)

I'd like to order one with left hand opening but there's no option to select this on your website. Please advise. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom