New product

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys (gals), notwithstanding any other (brilliant) similar items out there :bow:bow here`s something I`ve come up with - my take on the number plate utility box (in red circle) - I think I`ve got the balance right between being small enough to still allow light to fall on the number plate at night (from the number plate light) and big enough to still be `handy`. I`m very chuffed with it and the one in the image is staying on my bike :bounce1

41990562150_996283443c.jpg
[/url]IMG_7605 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

43751502462_9f9f71d851.jpg
[/url]IMG_7607 by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

If anyone is interested in the unconventional construction you can find further details on the link. Any constructive help :bow, as always, appreciated. Btw W/Lich do one in plastic, haven`t seen it myself but I`m sure it`s bloody good (as are all the rest I`m sure).

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/number-plate-carrier-box-434-p.asp

Hi Mark?

Looks nice, quick Q

How does it fix to the bike ? the numberplate bracket isnt the most sturdy of items if i recall

Thinking out loud ;) if space behind the unit is free, could you make it deeper? and prhaps link it to the panniers or the bar underneath for additional support?

Hi, thanks for the positive feedback - it did take a long time to get it as right as I could! It fixes by three M6 SS fasteners to the number plate hanger and no, the number plate bracket is not at all sturdy which is why the box is in thin gauge aluminium and small enough to stop any of us inadvertently putting a heavy chain in it. I haven`t put an `advisory weight limit` on it yet but it`ll be around something which makes sense like a first aid kit or jump leads or tyre repair kit - anything more than that and I wouldn`t like to say. I`m testing it starting tmoz with a 7 day tour around Scotland with various `loads` to see if there`s anything I`ve missed and to come up with said `advisory weight limit`

Not sure if making it deeper would be a good idea, though I appreciate the excellent idea, as I tried this and there was no way the number plate light would illuminate the plate. IMHO I really don`t give a hoot about that but there will be (respected) lads on this fine forum who will be certainly pointing this out to me.

Had one on my Super Tenere...rattled like hell until i made a stronger bracket for it. Was great from then on.

Is this for both the GS and GSA? I have a 2017 GS and would be very interested, when will it be available?

218 wide x 170 high x 56 deep - sorry, I should’ve posted that earlier doh - dimensions in mm’s of course and approx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any exhaust/plate melty issues? My plastic number plate is getting curled at the edges now I've fitted the Akro silencer. Actually this might help.

I had that problem with my F800 on my plate so I fitted a deflector plate - dunno with this, I’ll guess I’ll find out during my 5 day Scotland trip though I don’t think there will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. Being Ambulance crew, I ALWAYS carry a life saving 1st aid kit (no sticking plasters and little scissors - just kit that will stop a catastrophic bleed, support a fracture or maintain an airway) and I've been after a way of carrying the stuff other than in a bag, in a pannier/top box. I've ordered.

I like it. Being Ambulance crew, I ALWAYS carry a life saving 1st aid kit (no sticking plasters and little scissors - just kit that will stop a catastrophic bleed, support a fracture or maintain an airway) and I've been after a way of carrying the stuff other than in a bag, in a pannier/top box. I've ordered.

good idea but make sure its big enough fella :thumb2

not sure what I`ll put in mine............... puncture repair kit I fink..............

Looks interesting, any chance it will fit older GSAs eg 2008 with standard BMW pannier rack?

Looks interesting, any chance it will fit older GSAs eg 2008 with standard BMW pannier rack?

Mmmm, dunno, send me some photo`s and I`ll think about it - if it`s just a matter of a redesign to fit I`ll happily do that for you fella :comfort won`t cost you money, but it will cost you wine :D

Nice bit of kit Mark, bet you will be calling in at the Buccleuch Arms on the way up :thumb.

Mmmm, dunno, send me some photo`s and I`ll think about it - if it`s just a matter of a redesign to fit I`ll happily do that for you fella :comfort won`t cost you money, but it will cost you wine :D

Thanks again for the toolbox Mark. This also looks interesting. Will it fit a 2006 GS with GSA pannier frame?

Looks good Mark, another great product mate. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom