Does KTM come with a stick up in the a..

I joined this forum a few months back, and I stay at the BMW section, since I have (and ride) several BMWs.

But the weird thing is, no matter what subject comes up, there is always someone that has to spread negativity. And the weirdest part is, they don't even drive the bikes them selves. Some have previous ownership of BWS, others don't.

What they seem to have in common though is that they now ride KTM. Not Honda, not whatever brand, they ride KTM. This puzzles me. I have several friends that ride KTM, and they are all fine people that enjoy riding their bike.

In here, when reading posts in the BMW section, I sometimes wonder, does the KTM come with a stick up the riders ass, and is it optional or standard?

I don't mind you guys enjoying your KTMs. But I enjoy my BMWs. I am in the position where I can buy the bike I want, when I want, and BMWs are my choice.

I find it highly disrespectful that other riders can not get into their head that not every one wants the same as they do. And not only do they not understand it, they also have to throw dirt at others at any given opportunity. True, it's probably only a few guys, and this makes me think that the stick is probably optional.

Well gentlemen, to the ones having a hard time sitting down: Next time, try ordering your bike without the stick. That will make you feel better.

To the grown up majority of KTM riders, my apologies for bringing the subject up.

I don’t own A KTM and ride GSA LC.

Now that’s clear, can I ask. Does BMW pay you to write s**t like this?

I bough my GSA on a hype how great it is and frankly I always wanted one but wasn’t in a position to buy one until couple of years ago. I must admit quality of paint, switches, etc not great. My first GS in one year of ownership, had new spotlight, new LH switchgear (sticky cruise control that would either not turn on when wanted or will turn it self on when not wanted unless master switch was pushed in to off position), new GSAP module.

Current GSA, needs new wheels, (salt affected finish, yes I rode through winter) had a new final drive after 10k miles (corrosion) fork recall. And not sure what else might creep up. It’ll be out of warranty come March 4th, and it will be time for me to part with it.

My next bike......
well it might be of an orange type. Thanks for heads up on the stick up the arse front. Must watch out for that optional extra on a test ride bike and certainly not tick the options box.

:beerjug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each to their own, I had a GS once (2008MU) and loved riding it, even liked the funky front end, but it did have far more little issues than I would of expected, and my KTM 1190 has now done almost the miles the BMW has done with a lot less aggro.

I don't care what people like / buy / ride, nor what they say to a degree, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Mine is the latest BMW's are a bit dull, in my experience (and from what I have read) they are nowhere near as reliable as they should be and the build quality looks to of gone downhill (the finish on my older one looked good and stayed good)

I do not think the KTM's are as good as they should be either (for the money) but the finish is good, they are at least as reliable as the BMW's and more importantly (for me) is they are a lot more fun to ride and don't have the awful mid range flat spot of the latest BMW's.

Both seem to suffer from a lot of un-necessary tech in my view, I don't like the BMW or KTM semi-active suspension, nor do I want a "keyless ignition", I have used keys in vehicles for almost half a million miles and never had one let me down.

The cheapo Tablets both manufacturers strap to the front of the bike are probably no better than a cheapo Android tablet - but will cost ten times as much when they f*** up (which they will, how many people still have a 10 year old tablet or phone that works?

But if I am going to spend £15k+ on a toy that will rapidly turn into a liability then I would prefer the one that puts the biggest smile on my face.either a new BMW or KTM.

I don’t own A KTM and ride GSA LC.

Now that’s clear, can I ask. Does BMW pay you to write s**t like this?

I bough my GSA on a hype how great it is and frankly I always wanted one but wasn’t in a position to buy one until couple of years ago. I must admit quality of paint, switches, etc not great. My first GS in one year of ownership, had new spotlight, new LH switchgear (sticky cruise control that would either not turn on when wanted or will turn it self on when not wanted unless master switch was pushed in to off position), new GSAP module.

Current GSA, needs new wheels, (salt affected finish, yes I rode through winter) had a new final drive after 10k miles (corrosion) fork recall. And not sure what else might creep up. It’ll be out of warranty come March 4th, and it will be time for me to part with it.

My next bike......
well it might be of an orange type. Thanks for heads up on the stick up the arse front. Must watch out for that optional extra on a test ride bike and certainly not tick the options box.

:beerjug

Thank you for proving my point.

If I should admit to something it must be that perhaps the option is not limited to KTM, perhaps even BMW has it.

Oh boy... I better check why my own bike always puts a smile on my face.... :hippy

Wait in five or ten years time when replacement tablet screens are unavailable

Thank you for proving my point.

If I should admit to something it must be that perhaps the option is not limited to KTM, perhaps even BMW has it.

Oh boy... I better check why my own bike always puts a smile on my face.... :hippy

Well this can be dangerous, still got watch out for unnecessary“stick up the arse” optional extra, but I am to test ride 2018 KTM 1290 SAS next Wednesday morning.
I’ll let you know how I get on

Well this can be dangerous, still got watch out for unnecessary“stick up the arse” optional extra, but I am to test ride 2018 KTM 1290 SAS next Wednesday morning.
I’ll let you know how I get on

Best of luck.

Honestly though, I don't care which type of bike others decide to buy. We all have different taste, and act accordingly.

My post is not about which type of bike is the better one.
The post is about the BS postings that some of the guys with KTM are doing in the BMW section, now it's the 1250 debate that is "hot".
I find the behavior quite silly and inmature, so in spirit of my qurios nature I just wonder what makes seemingly otherwise nice people act that way. I am sure if we met we would get along just fine, drink beer and have a good time

It sounds like your not used to this level banter and ribbing in your daily life because thats all it is, there is no malice behind the boasting. Its all about who can piss higher for longer with some on here :D

Best of luck.

Honestly though, I don't care which type of bike others decide to buy. We all have different taste, and act accordingly.

My post is not about which type of bike is the better one.
The post is about the BS postings that some of the guys with KTM are doing in the BMW section, now it's the 1250 debate that is "hot".
I find the behavior quite silly and inmature, so in spirit of my qurios nature I just wonder what makes seemingly otherwise nice people act that way. I am sure if we met we would get along just fine, drink beer and have a good time

Are we reading the same thread? The two main posters in there are baiting the comments from everyone else by posting pure bullshit. Then they get all upset when people call them out.:rolleyes:

Are we reading the same thread? The two main posters in there are baiting the comments from everyone else by posting pure bullshit. Then they get all upset when people call them out.:rolleyes:

I had a skim through last night and nearly pissed myself laughing.

Apart from the overall humour of the thread what made me laugh most was knowing that you guys with 1290 Super Adventures have bought girls bikes that only put out 125bhp. Allegedly 😀

I had a skim through last night and nearly pissed myself laughing.

Apart from the overall humour of the thread what made me laugh most was knowing that you guys with 1290 Super Adventures have bought girls bikes that only put out 125bhp. Allegedly ��

146bhp at the rear wheel on my 1290, vs 108bhp from the LC GS at the rear wheel ;)

Stick is still much much faster than me though :comfort

146bhp at the rear wheel on my 1290, vs 108bhp from the LC GS at the rear wheel ;)

Stick is still much much faster than me though :comfort

I hope he can’t catch the hippy because there seems to be a bit of bad feeling there.

Back
Top Bottom