Meeting up before boarding the Portsmouth ferry

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fellas

A few of us are gathering from around the country to jump the ferry to Santander in September.

Instead of hanging out in the boarding car park, does anyone have an alternative suggestion you can recommend?

It must be recognisable for the numpties who can’t navigate ...

Cheers aye

Nin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Artillery museum Fort Nelson, very interesting, great views over Portsmouth, nice walks and good cafe.
AND IT MAY STILL BE FREE ;)

I know it's not what you're asking, but the port terminal has been done up over the last year. It's not the dump it used to be so if you do need to meet up there, it's not the end of the world.

Keep em coming fellas - I’m going with the first option as it’s midway between Abingdon (my place) and Guildford where the others will be the day before.

But others may wish to benefit from your insight ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this is good - often went up there with my lad who lived with his mother in Bedhampton - great views

Port Solent - pleasant to walk along the boardwalk, have a pint in one of the bars or a bit to eat. Tesco next door for fuel/snacks.

Sovereign McPub under the Travelodge at the port entrance - easy place to meet & dine before a sailing.

Ship and Castle pub at the ferry terminal - it’s tucked away by the freight entrance.

Morrisons supermarket, 1/2 mile away from the port...stock up on what you've forgotten and there is a cafe.

Morrisons supermarket, 1/2 mile away from the port...stock up on what you've forgotten and there is a cafe.

Yes I use this - the cafe is great and parking the bike is easy - had a couple of full Englishes and coffee in June prior to boarding
Also bought water for the cabin, much cheaper from there

Back
Top Bottom