What do you love or hate about the R Nine T ?

Good looking bike...:thumby:
Even better without the number on the tank and if it had the lighter tubeless cast wheels that come stock on the Pure...:D

Yes it is the one in marshalls phil,
I am a spoked wheels guy, had 2 punctures in 40 years, fingers crossed,
After 12 years of gs and adventures i fancied it,
Its my 60 th birthday present, so the 21 is how old i felt riding it,,��
I only ride solo so the seat hump is ideal,
I tried a multistrada a few years back found it hard work below 40 mph,
Looking at a sump guard, any preferences ? The sw moto one is favourite at the moment,
Has anyone used the mud sling or hugger ,

Now I know what the 21 stands for...;)
Make mine 16...;)
I got the sw-motech sump guard on mine as also the Ilmberger hugger !
As for the spoked wheels they look nice but they are heavy with the tubes and in case of a flat...good luck !
Enjoy you 21th birthday gift...:beerjug:
The R9T is a lot of fun...:thumby:

Yes it is the one in marshalls phil,
I am a spoked wheels guy, had 2 punctures in 40 years, fingers crossed,
After 12 years of gs and adventures i fancied it,
Its my 60 th birthday present, so the 21 is how old i felt riding it,,��
I only ride solo so the seat hump is ideal,
I tried a multistrada a few years back found it hard work below 40 mph,
Looking at a sump guard, any preferences ? The sw moto one is favourite at the moment,
Has anyone used the mud sling or hugger ,

Hi Roamer, its my favourite bike/colour scheme at the moment, really liked it but I didn’t want to trade my urban, sump guard I have a standard Gs one that ill not use, also have a Mudsling that’s ready to go on, I know what you mean about the Multistrada...
Good luck with the bike, it looks great..

The tubed tyre rims seem to be a concern for some for various reasons,
I looked into the Outex tubeless conversion kits recommended by a friend,
I will be fitting a kit while the rims are new, at £129 for both wheels seems good value,
You guys may allready know, just sharing ,kit no is FR355RN,

Had a longer spin on my Urban yesterday.
Rear shock not as bad as initially feared - perhaps fed by comments on here. It’s still not GS quality though so will invest in a new one once I decide between M Shock and Wilbers.
I got covered in road crap, back of the bike too. Worse bike for it I’ve ridden. Maybe a hugger will help?
Engine is a delight, perfect fuelling. It felt as good/smooth as my old 2011 hilltopped/full Akra system 1200GS.
Seat was comfy all day, though numerous stops included.
Love the looks which is important to me cos I’m shallow. Will add +30mm to the new shock to jack the rear up a bit, aesthetics rather than handling.
Coped very well with the shit covered B/C roads I prefer to inhabit, inspired a fair bit of confidence though the TKC,s spun up twice on manhole covers - more my fault for being ham fisted.
Overall , very much like it. Couple of mods needed, shock as mentioned and a rear rack to carry a bag etc. Il leave the pipe alone as it sounds awesome as stock. Maybe some decat headers if a set crops up but otherwise all good

Its overall a nice fun bike that is a bit more manageable for moving around stationary , than the very capable gs,
I am now half way to lighter tubeless wheels, used the 3 m tape method on the rear, there is a tangeable difference in ride/ compliance, main reason easy fix punctures, front will be done later at tyre change then i can review the rear ,
Otherwise loving the bike inc comfort, put a rear hugger on which seems to have made the dirt fling similar to wc gs, changed the rear shock and added front pre load to balance the sag, backed off compression damping 2 clicks, [ Classic 9t]
went for hepco becker rack and sw moto throw over panniers, for camping and touring , nothing permanent so the seat hump can go on for day rides, racing to cafe etc,
Will be testing its longer distance touring potential in march with an annual trip to the south of france non motorway routes,

I ride my wife's R9T occasionally. Its one of the early original ones which she copped in her Monster for and I hate:
1. The foot pegs digging into my calves at rest. I've altered the pegs, but they still dig (maybe it the way the seat forces me to sit/stand at rest).
2. The brake lever (the actuator) is a very very very poor design, which means that there is a fairly long travel before the brake bites. There is a fix, but its pretty complex and probably not worth it.

it looks good though!

Back
Top Bottom