Vibration through bars on K1100RS

ClassicBertha

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondered if anyone can shed any light on this? I have a K1100RS. It has developed a vibration through the bars at 3.5k to 4k rpm. It completely kills my right hand within 30 mins riding time. The brake lever even vibrates. Seems worse on throttle side. Shame as the bike runs lovely apart from that

Any thoughts or help much appreciated. Thanks

Bradley

Maybe the injectors are overdue a balance? Or maybe valve clearances?

Also try the K100 forums.

I had a problem with a perished\leaking inlet manifold rubber once - when my K11 was a lot younger than yours. Rough running rather than vibes was the symptom.

Thanks sorry your responses. The bike pulls smoothly and goes like a train. It's only this vibration that spoils it. Even vibes through the seat at 4k +

K1100RS

Doubt it will be valve clearances, they very seldom need adjustment on the K1100, throttle body balance yes possibly.
Check the engine mountings are all tightened to spec.
I'm assuming it's running properly on all 4 cylinders with no misfiring ?
I've had three K1100s and they've all had a bit of vibration through the bars, even the LT version which has horrible rubber mounted bars.

Off topic, but I've been looking at this beauty in the rarest of original colours - must resist.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-K1100RS/283131267952?hash=item41ebf04b70:g:ldoAAOSw4NZbh~ds

Doubt it will be valve clearances, they very seldom need adjustment on the K1100, throttle body balance yes possibly.
Check the engine mountings are all tightened to spec.
I'm assuming it's running properly on all 4 cylinders with no misfiring ?
I've had three K1100s and they've all had a bit of vibration through the bars, even the LT version which has horrible rubber mounted bars.

Off topic, but I've been looking at this beauty in the rarest of original colours - must resist.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-K1100RS/283131267952?hash=item41ebf04b70:g:ldoAAOSw4NZbh~ds

Hi Buckingham,

Thanks for the reply. The bike does not misfire at all. Pulls like a train. The common response I have had, and what you have suggested, is to start with the engine mountings and ensure they are correct. I am hoping i will get to the bottom of this issue as the RS is a bike I have always wanted.

Once I have done this I will report back to what the solution is, if I find it. :D

Cheers.

Bradley

Back
Top Bottom