Any 1150 experts around west midlands....

bart2181

Reaction score
Hiya guys ....looking for a honest opinion on a 1150 I've just bought.....it has a rattly/knocky engine noise...hoping someone can take a look for me.asap..cheers

Hiya guys ....looking for a honest opinion on a 1150 I've just bought.....it has a rattly/knocky engine noise...hoping someone can take a look for me.asap..cheers

I'll be hooning through the Cotswolds heading towards Cleobury Mortimer on Friday PM. I'm not an expert but I do know what a good (and bad) 1150 sounds like. If you're close to the route and around on Friday I'd be happy to have a listen:thumb

I've had some 1150s for a good number of years - I'm no expert but would give my opinion ( I'm OK with the spanners!).

Have you taken it to a dealer and just asked if one of the mechanics can have a listen? I had a niggle many years ago and took the bike to Pidcocks in Long Eaton and one of the mechanics was quite happy to have a quick look!

Lads thanks for your replies...I only got the bike today...took a chance on it without viewing...32k on clocks.full mot..,6 owners,no history,...the bikes in great condition apart from the engine noise..which seems to be only there when engine is warm...just want to rule out a major expensive fault....ie main bearings or tensioner guides...any help much appreciated.cheers

Cheers Mike...I'm going to service it myself...change all oils,check valve clearances etc...if that doesnt cure it I'll be in touch....the engine quiet has a mouse when cold so the problem is when the engines up to temp.

Cheers Mike...I'm going to service it myself...change all oils,check valve clearances etc...if that doesnt cure it I'll be in touch....the engine quiet has a mouse when cold so the problem is when the engines up to temp.

Could be running on 10/40

Use 20/50

Be sure to check rocker end float,whilst covers are off.
It might just be one of the throttle bodies has a worn spindle,see if you can pin the noise down to one side and grab the cable guide quadrant.

Back
Top Bottom