1250 it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I post earlier? GSA fuelled is 263 kg and the 1250 GSA is 268 kg. Dry weight the GS and KTM 1290 Super Adventure T weighs the same at 229 kg.

Yeah, you said the GSA isn’t heavier than any of its rivals. The SA T is it’s direct rival, and weighs around 30kg less.

Erin Sills did 381km/h on a S1000RR in Bolivia.Her world record for naturally aspirated bikes got set at 369km/h though as she was able to do this speed both ways !
Faster than any supercharged Kawasaki...let alone with Arseys fat azz on it...:D
As for weight comparisons I put my GS ADV on a scale with aluminum bags and full tank and it came in at 268 Kg.My friends 1290 SuperADV with plastic bags and full tank weigh in at 256 Kilos...12 kilos difference and my GS-ADV still steers quicker than the KTM and does not wobble at 135...
As also I much rather have T-L that does not dive and is way more comfortable on bumpy roads and a clean drive-shaft...:thumb2

Ah, Erin Sills, on the heavily modified S1000RR? :blast

:D

And black, all black........straight from the factory!

And 17" wheels, both wheels 17".......STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY!

Andres

Finally! Took them long enough! Bet a stubby will be an option on next years offering too....:D

Not sure I could cope with all that power....85 well flogged ponies do me nicely...:)

Where is the 30kg difference? They both weigh 229kg?
My dear. The GS weights 229 kg dry (same as SA T) which has a smaller fuel tank than the KTM 1290 Super Adventure T, and the SA T is the competitor for the GSA which is 236 kg dry I think. Wet weight for the SA T is 248 kg vs the GSA at 263. Can nobody do a fooken proper Google search.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

Still do not know what all the screaming about the weight is about, because at the end of the day, it is only heavier when trying to lift it or hold it at an angle at slow speed, otherwise, the weight is lovely stops you getting blown all over the road by the trucks.

Don’t use your bike to trudge up and down the M1 then !

Yeah, you said the GSA isn’t heavier than any of its rivals. The SA T is it’s direct rival, and weighs around 30kg less.

Or...Should we say the correct number, 7Kg...

And add luggage racks and skidplate, which is included in the GSA weight, the difference is marginal...

First pictures out tomorrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-215847.jpg
    Screenshot_20180816-215847.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 287
Arsey,that bike in front of the chateau is the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a while.
Sorry,no offence and all that,but there is not one styling line on that bike that appeals to me.
Now,,, that 950 that Andy bought,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Arsey,that bike in front of the chateau is the ugliest thing I’ve seen in a while.
Sorry,no offence and all that,but there is not one styling line on that bike that appeals to me.
Now,,, that 950 that Andy bought,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Good job you didn’t buy it then

Let us work it back from the official figures found on the BMW Motorrad website. Petrol density is about 0.77 and oil is about 0.93. Using these figures we can calculate the dry weight.

Wet weight - fuel in kg - oil in kg = dry weight

263 kg wet - (0.77 x 30)kg - (0.93 x 4)kg = +- 236 kg dry for the GSA

244 kg wet - (0.77 x 20)kg - (0.93 x 4)kg = +- 227 kg for the GS

There you have it. The coolant capacity is not published but water density is 1 and if you know the density for the antifreeze you can work it out by calculating the percentage of water to antifreeze.

Let us work it back from the official figures found on the BMW Motorrad website. Petrol density is about 0.77 and oil is about 0.93. Using these figures we can calculate the dry weight.

Wet weight - fuel in kg - oil in kg = dry weight

263 kg wet - (0.77 x 30)kg - (0.93 x 4)kg = +- 236 kg dry for the GSA

244 kg wet - (0.77 x 20)kg - (0.93 x 4)kg = +- 227 kg for the GS

There you have it. The coolant capacity is not published but water density is 1 and if you know the density for the antifreeze you can work it out by calculating the percentage of water to antifreeze.

No use comparing by calculating backwards as long as you don't know the criteria for the wet weight, nor the dry weight.

They may specify the wet weight by the tank less than full of gas, and some companies don't include the battery in the dry weight either.

And whatever the answer may be, this pissing contest holds no relevance to the post, which is about the new 1250...

Water fucking density
It's a 1250 behemoth bmw
Conquers continents
I don't give a fuck
If you're interested

It's like watching white noise on a TV set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom