1250 it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder about Nutty snidely criticising people for wanting to possibly buy the new model GS, yet he openly states his intention to replace his KTM with another KTM when it's 2 years old.

So what's the difference ?

It makes them feel important, to have the illusion that they figured something out that eludes lesser mortals . But they really aren't, and they really haven't.

let it brush over you like your wiping your arse with it and then flush it away.

If Ben Purvis on Bennetts is right we get the same GS with styling tweaks and a little more hp + 10 and KTM 1301 TORQUE + 15 which is good.
A quieter and heavier exhaust due to the assholes in Brussels with their ridiculous EU-5 regs is not good but will be rectified by the aftermarket with a lighter and louder system...:thumb2
So far so good of course 145-150 or even 160 hp would be better and more exiting but 15 Nm more TORQUE are very welcome...:thumb2
As for excitement let's see if the 17 inch GS-RR version and R 1250 S rumors prove to be true...:thumby:
As also the S1000RR will be all new for next season which is very exiting !
An all new GS with less weight we probably see in another 4 years...but unfortunately then even quieter with hybrid crap if the f@cking EU survives...:(
The best days are here or over soon when we can enjoy to burn gas and have fun...enjoy while it lasts before the EU-fakkers put us all in electric wheel chairs saving C02 while they destroy the rainforests and pollute the world with toxic batteries made in china getting all that clean energy from dirty coal and dangerous nuclear powerplants...

You have to wonder about Nutty snidely criticising people for wanting to possibly buy the new model GS, yet he openly states his intention to replace his KTM with another KTM when it's 2 years old.

So what's the difference ?

People buy what they want, not what others tell them they want. If current GS owners want to buy a KTM or any other bike, then I'm sure they will.

Banging about weight is another load of bollocks. A few KG on a bike means nothing compared to the weight of the rider, and BTW, have you seen how heavy the new Triumph explorer is and that is a very top heavy bike compared to the GS.

You’re completely missing the point. I’ve had zero issues with my KTM, as have most others, so I’m more than happy to buy another one.

The current GS with all the issues is embarrassing, so it makes me laugh that people would rush to buy another first year bike when the current model still has a lot of issues.

Ah, but what gin?:drool

9cf05b6708309c6d901ba26a0c24b228.png

My local wasn't amused when I told a prospective customer not to bother with the first 2 years of production :D

You’re completely missing the point. I’ve had zero issues with my KTM, as have most others, so I’m more than happy to buy another one.

The current GS with all the issues is embarrassing, so it makes me laugh that people would rush to buy another first year bike when the current model still has a lot of issues.

How many GS bikes did you own and what went wrong with your last one ?

BTW, no issues with my 2013 TE in 25000 miles (engine a bit rattly but aren't they all).

How many GS bikes did you own and what went wrong with your last one ?

BTW, no issues with my 2013 TE in 25000 miles (engine a bit rattly but aren't they all).

5 LC’s. The first one had bent forks, the second GSA had the paint rub off the frame, tank & swing arm within the first week of ownership. It seems that the current GS bikes are similar to a game of Russian roulette, and it surprises me that some people are happy to buy the next model when the current one still has so many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom