LC low seat

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone in Central Scotland got one I could try...? I bought a low Sargent a couple of years ago but even after having had rhinoplasty performed on it, it still makes it harder to get my feet down than my standard height BMW seat.

Anyone in Central Scotland got one I could try...? I bought a low Sargent a couple of years ago but even after having had rhinoplasty performed on it, it still makes it harder to get my feet down than my standard height BMW seat.
It might not help mate but the lowered sergeant seats still have thick sides,and is still wide, if that’s what your meaning about the rhinoplasty.so if your one of the short inside leg size. It pushes your legs further apart IMHO making it defeat the object of trying to get a better footing and your foot planted. I sold mine on , you may be better trying the lower kaheedo. It’s a much comfier seat , but that’s just an opinion:thumb2

Hi i am a short arse as well. 29inch inside leg. I have a Geniune OEM low seat for sale at much lowercost than new if interested. pm me

i have found this excellent but have recently sold my lc 1200gs so need for seat

It might not help mate but the lowered sergeant seats still have thick sides,and is still wide, if that’s what your meaning about the rhinoplasty.

Precisely - my Sargent has had a nose job to narrow it down a bit but even then it does, as you say, push my legs apart a bit too much....ooh err, missus. :rob

I would recommend the Touratech Low Seat (they also do an extra low). It's very narrow on the sides compared to the BMW low seat - if you visit a Touratech shop they often have them available to put on your bike to test. The compromise with low seats is they do become a bit uncomfortable over longer distances but the TT one isn't too bad.

I had a low Sargent seat on mine Mike and it was much harder to reach the ground than with my OE BMW low seat. The edges dug into my thighs too, so I was glad to get rid of it :(

I had a low Sargent seat on mine Mike and it was much harder to reach the ground than with my OE BMW low seat. The edges dug into my thighs too, so I was glad to get rid of it :(

Likewise Steve, In fact, I find it more difficult than with the standard height BMW seat. That's why I had the nose of the Sargent slimmed down a bit and it helped a bit but not enough.

I bought an OEM low seat from a guy on here for a very reasonable price and decided I'd have it reupholstered in leather.

I found a company on eBay, j-f-customs - http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/jfcustoms that sell leather seat covers, amongst other things. Although they had a cover available for the standard height LC seat at £50, they didn't have one for the low version. I messaged them asking if they could supply one for the low seat. They said that they hadn't made any; however, if I sent them my seat, they'd use it to make a pattern and would return mine covered FOC.

It took them slightly longer than they'd initially indicated to turn the seat around and get it back to me but considering all it cost me was the price of their leather samples on eBay and initial postage of the seat, it's a pretty good job. I've not ridden on it yet but I'll give my bum's impression on the comfort when I've had a chance to have a wee bimble.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpg
    IMG_3145.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 146

Back
Top Bottom