Anyone fancy doing a little job for me.....?!

milleplod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bolsover, no longer the home of the Beast.
Its an electrical one, and my ineptitude with small electrical things knows no bounds! :D

The left-hand indicator switch on my '06 RT is playing up - squirts of contact cleaner/silicone spray haven't made any difference really, it only ever works when I don't really need it! I've found the offending part on eBay for a very reasonable £5 delivered, but it needs fitting to the cluster, which involves Dremelling out some resin to remove the buggered switch, soldering wires etc, as per this

Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone fancy doing mine for suitable recompense? :thumb Used ones are over £100, although nobody has the correct one for my bike anyway, and BMW no longer supply new ones....at £350! :eek: I can't find anywhere local that will do the job - the Tandy shop we had in the town centre closed down a while ago now.

Pete

I'm sure ive seen a thread somewhere on replacing said switch - either on here or AVrider..

What bike have you got now?? an RT??

You could try Farnell or RS Components for a replacement switch, you might get lucky ?

I've done it a couple of times.

Did post a thread up on it somewhere but i can't remember where :blast

It's fiddly more than difficult.

Main ability required is to be able to solder the wires to the pins.

Never used a dremil on the job though.

Good luck.

I've done it a couple of times.

Did post a thread up on it somewhere but i can't remember where :blast

It's fiddly more than difficult.

Main ability required is to be able to solder the wires to the pins.

Never used a dremil on the job though.

Good luck.

I've now removed the switchgear - after dismantling half the bloody bike - and sent it off to an electronics repair place I found down in Burton-on-Trent. £30 to do the job, including return postage - well worth it, I reckon. :)

Back
Top Bottom