R1150GS: what can I do with this space..? ~

Tool Tubes... never really understood what fits in them, except maybe Sigg bottles... and I use a gas stove. And tools I guess, but don’t things end up at the bottom, unable to be retrieved?
Ahah!
that's why you need one of them tools to be a magnet-on-a-stick. :thumb

... unless of course THAT'S what ends up in the bottom unable to be retrieved. :blast
Despite slagging them off, i finally got one. Tool tube - i already have a magnet-on-a-stick.

Now i cant find anywhere to mount it. :rolleyes: :banghead:

I have a magnet on a stick (well, like a radio aerial), and the number of lost bolts etc. that I’ve retrieved with it... gotta be one of the most useful tools I have!

I have a magnet on a stick (well, like a radio aerial), and the number of lost bolts etc. that I’ve retrieved with it... gotta be one of the most useful tools I have!

That's the one. :thumb2
Mine was great until i managed to break the 'aerial' mid rescue and then *sighs* :rolleyes: had to find some tool to rescue the magnet and the other half of the aerial! :(

That's the one. :thumb2
Mine was great until i managed to break the 'aerial' mid rescue and then *sighs* :rolleyes: had to find some tool to rescue the magnet and the other half of the aerial! :(

Do you think we make problems for ourselves.......?;)

I carry a roll of combination spanners with unnecessary spanners removed and other tools inserted in the roll. Fits snugly in a tool tube with a small size roll of gaffer tape in the lid. Whole roll lifts out no problem when required.

This is what I did with mine. It's the opposite side from the exhaust. The Touratech box is designed for the 1200, but I just modified the brackets with a bit of mending plate. I find it useful because it holds my puncture repair kit, pump, multimeter, jump leads, spare bulbs and other stuff that used to take up space in my top box. They're not cheap either, though. I think I paid £115 for it.

IMG_8321s.JPG

IMG_8325s.JPG

:thumb2
This is what I did with mine. It's the opposite side from the exhaust. The Touratech box is designed for the 1200, but I just modified the brackets with a bit of mending plate. I find it useful because it holds my puncture repair kit, pump, multimeter, jump leads, spare bulbs and other stuff that used to take up space in my top box. They're not cheap either, though. I think I paid £115 for it.

IMG_8321s.JPG

IMG_8325s.JPG

Brilliant, thanks, just the photos I needed. :thumb2

If you're doing the same, be careful with the alignment from left to right. When fully loaded and riding off-road, the swingarm comes up high enough for the mudguard to scrape the left side of the toolbox. I didn't feel it, but saw where they'd scuffed each other when I got home. I had to adjust it to move it further to the right. That gives just enough clearance for the mudguard to pass inside the toolbox.

That Givi box is interesting, and less hassle, if it fits in the 1150 gap OK, even if it is expensive...

The thing is, what would the correct fittings be, for an 1150 with Touratech pannier frames..? Is it a specific, or a generic, set of fittings..?

A fella... a clever fella... could surely put something together using some tinder, some Bostik and a can-do attitude...

No?... :augie

Make an Auxially fuel tank
but then you have an Adventure, and in Europe, so likley not a need really

Back
Top Bottom