Screen advice F700

Fancy Pants

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A friend is struggling to find the right screen for the F700GS. She’s 5ft 8 and wears an E1 helmet with peak. Trouble is the oem screen makes the peak vibrate. She’s tried a Givi screen with no success. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that bike and have tried the MRA Vario screen ( which is now for sale) as is a Wunderlich screen from my 650 twin. Get in touch if interested.
I have ended up with the Givi airflow which I find best, good protection from buffeting and noise with Schubert’s C3 Pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GIVI AF5107 AIRFLOW SCREEN

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508259827716.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508259827716.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 228
I had the Givi Airflow Screen, which did make the bike much quieter and protected significantly from buffeting. I could wear my E1 and use the intercom/phone quite easily without wind noise affecting me.
However, I hated the look of it and decided I would rather put up with the buffeting and noise than look like a 70s throwback so I now have a very noisy standard tinted 800GS screen.
In my opinion all the after market screens are ugly.
I wish the touring screen for the 800 and 650 twin fitted the 700GS.
That would be my dream screen.

Check out the Aeroflow windshield site. There is a mod from a customer there showing how to make one of their shields for the F800/650Gs work on the F700GS. Should work for any shield.

Check out the Aeroflow windshield site. There is a mod from a customer there showing how to make one of their shields for the F800/650Gs work on the F700GS. Should work for any shield.

Have you got a link...

I had the E1 helmet and took the peak off. Looks better without it and cured any vibration.

I have the same items as Ash, i.e. Givi screen and clip on appendage on my 700GS. For me, 5'10", the clip on bit was impossibly distracting and did nothing for the airflow. Waste of money. If I put my head a couple of inches behind the Givi it works. Sitting normally, however, I found the best result was to fit the adjustable part of the Givi upside down. Looks a bit better too.
Incidentally, I found the Touratech sump guard generated an appalling aural vibration.
If you come from a 1200 GS you may find the suspension inadequate,-M.C.T. can bring a dramatic improvement.

I have the same items as Ash, i.e. Givi screen and clip on appendage on my 700GS. For me, 5'10", the clip on bit was impossibly distracting and did nothing for the airflow. Waste of money. If I put my head a couple of inches behind the Givi it works. Sitting normally, however, I found the best result was to fit the adjustable part of the Givi upside down. Looks a bit better too.
Incidentally, I found the Touratech sump guard generated an appalling aural vibration.
If you come from a 1200 GS you may find the suspension inadequate,-M.C.T. can bring a dramatic improvement.

I only added the Wunderlich screen extension because I have a u/s right shoulder & wanted to reduce as much pressure, wind blast as possible..
But most people probably wouldn't need it.

Thanks for all the advice, I’ve passed it on and she’s interested in the MRA, just waiting for a reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the best result was to fit the adjustable part of the Givi upside down. Looks a bit better too.

Good tip, I tried this today and it does make a substantial difference. Still 'howls' a bit between 60/70 mph but a definite improvement for this 6' 1" rider :thumb

Back
Top Bottom