May be returning to the biking world and have a few questions

snerkler

Reaction score
Hi,

I used to have the 2010 1200GSA and regrettably had to get rid of it due to what was thought to be a nerve injury in my arm, but it now transpires that it's probably fibromyalgia and whilst this is a life long condition you have good and bad spells so am considering getting another bike for the times I'm having a good spell, rather than going without completely. The only reason that I mention this is that I very much have to consider this condition when buying a bike and so need as little stress on the body as possible.

So, I've kind of narrowed it down to three choices and it will pretty much depend on which is most comfortable. The three choices are the 1200 GSA water-cooled, K1600GT/GTL, and post 2014 1200RT. All offer pros and cons, the latter two I assume will offer more wind protection and so less strain on the neck, but I"m 6'4" and so leg room will likely be an issue, something which wouldn't be an issue on the GSA.

When I had the GSA before two things I noticed that added to discomfort were the buffeting (even with touratech screen extender) and the wide bars actually put more strain on my arms (my arms are my worst affected area). So my questions are, does the revised screen on the water-cooled GSA reduce buffeting, and are the bars positioned the same as the 2010 model?

Also, I'm struggling to find what the changes have been to the GSA between 2014 and 2018, could someone enlighten me please? When was the TFT screen introduced, and what's the consensus on this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I dont think 6'4 is an issue for normal GS - but it is a lighter, more nimble bike than the GSA

Test ride and decide?

Al

I dont think 6'4 is an issue for normal GS - but it is a lighter, more nimble bike than the GSA

Test ride and decide?

Al

Thanks, I did consider the GS but I prefer the weather protection of the GSA, and last time I tried a GS (2010 model) the buffeting and noise from the screen was unbearable.

I will test ride all models, just trying to gauge things before hand and get some advice, maybe even things to consider/tweak before getting on the bike :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom