Michelin PR5 Trail

Pics

Couple of pics of the fitted tyres , check the profile out , rear looks like a front , interesting lol.

Attachments

• CAGP1334.jpg
    CAGP1334.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 717
Will certainly look forward to the ride report on these in Spain, out today through the Black forest on my Anakee 3,s and I still like them, 5 hour riding and an hour for lunch, never seen the day go by so quickly, it was pure joy.

Pr5 Trail 1500 test (Spain)

Right just got back from Spain riding around the La Seu D'urgell region and Veihla which is a mix of twisty and fast sections and hot roads so the wera is faster there than in the uk.

What a great tyres set.
Super grip
Fast handling
Awesome under heavy braking
Confidence inspiring once fully scrubbed

Steady at speed all tho can once worn pick up on mountain roads as they seem to scratch the surface , but other road surfaces fine.
The sharp profile really lends this tyre to be pushed as its more of a sports profile and the rear is steep sided , which takes a bit to get to the edge due to the angle so a few squirms felt as the tyres went lower but not to worry about as it was slight.
Peg scrapping all the time.
This set can be pushed really hard but...……. don't last so don't last once pushed.
Would I use them again , hell yes just reduce the trip or get another set fitted whist away if more that 5 days max.
I really loved the tyres and felt they just need wear to last at least a week.
I will try the Road Smarts next as these are scrap now.

1500 miles plus original run in in in the uk 100 ish but had to stop pushing last days ride mid way thro and limp back the the shipping depot the following day (100 miles) as tyres worn past markers and wished not to risk a puncture and miss the plane.

May not suit all but a great tyre for the twistys and grip. 10/10 for me.
Day one Photo one … Last day ( 5 days ) 1500 miles

Attachments

• Day 5.jpg
    Day 5.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 502
  • At the depot day 5.jpg
    At the depot day 5.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 493
  • day one.jpg
    day one.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 529
Sorry its just I feel defensive with the shit I get of Nutless, Arsecrack and Andrex .
Hope no offence taken

Stick them on your Ignore list... I have (and about 8 others) lol :D

Happy days :D

Front wear

Great front , did very well but past its best now.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 514
Right just got back from Spain riding around the La Seu D'urgell region and Veihla which is a mix of twisty and fast sections and hot roads so the wera is faster there than in the uk.

What a great tyres set.
Super grip
Fast handling
Awesome under heavy braking
Confidence inspiring once fully scrubbed

Steady at speed all tho can once worn pick up on mountain roads as they seem to scratch the surface , but other road surfaces fine.
The sharp profile really lends this tyre to be pushed as its more of a sports profile and the rear is steep sided , which takes a bit to get to the edge due to the angle so a few squirms felt as the tyres went lower but not to worry about as it was slight.
Peg scrapping all the time.
This set can be pushed really hard but...……. don't last so don't last once pushed.
Would I use them again , hell yes just reduce the trip or get another set fitted whist away if more that 5 days max.
I really loved the tyres and felt they just need wear to last at least a week.
I will try the Road Smarts next as these are scrap now.

1500 miles plus original run in in in the uk 100 ish but had to stop pushing last days ride mid way thro and limp back the the shipping depot the following day (100 miles) as tyres worn past markers and wished not to risk a puncture and miss the plane.

May not suit all but a great tyre for the twistys and grip. 10/10 for me.
Day one Photo one … Last day ( 5 days ) 1500 miles

Great ride report, and shows the limits of the tyres that I would never ever get near, so will be my next tyres for sure.

Great front , did very well but past its best now.

You absolutely butchered those tyres! Did you replace your throttle with just an off and on switch?!
You must have found some fairly quiet roads to keep up the pace to fry the tyres so quickly and not get the attention of the police.

You absolutely butchered those tyres! Did you replace your throttle with just an off and on switch?!
You must have found some fairly quiet roads to keep up the pace to fry the tyres so quickly and not get the attention of the police.

N260 and various back roads all around the Andorra south area , brilliant fun you can almost back it into the bends and allow the front to move around as well these roads are mainly tight ie Coll de Nargo , L401 , Gi 401 and 402 C1311 etc etc all brilliant I could list them all .
The bigger roads as long as your care full can be fast as well, I just know the place quite well.
If I could work out how to attach my routes i would but cant seem to do it.

C1311 absolute brilliant road for a good scratch used nearly everyday when we stayed in Broto couple years ago ........

Managed to get £285-00 fitted to loose wheels
Motorcycle Mart Kidderminster nice guys nice shop.

That’s what Micheldever quoted, but ride in, ride out.

Just do not look out of the window, easy solution.

I've read the opposite advice, that is to keep looking outside. Only possible in the daytime, but I think the theory is if your brain can see the horizon moving then that movement will agree with what the balance organs in your ears are saying, so brain is happy and stomach contents stay down. However if the messages from eyes and ears disagree, as when your visual frame of reference is the unmoving (relative to you) interior of the boat, but your ears say you are pitching about, then nausea results.

We were unlucky enough to get a cabin at the front of the boat on a recent very rough trip over the Bay of Biscay to Spain. Because it was at the front we experienced massive up and down movements whereas if we had been halfway back it would have been just a more gentle rocking. We had to skip dinner, but my wife was still sick and swears she won't do that route again.

Thanks stick for posting this !
Horrible wear for only 1500 miles...:( But this is what you get with touring tires that overheat if you go faster or are hard on gas/brakes.Also no tread on the sides could create nasty surprises if you hit some wet patches fully leaned over...CRA3 for me !

Thanks stick for posting this !
Horrible wear for only 1500 miles...:( But this is what you get with touring tires that overheat if you go faster or are hard on gas/brakes.Also no tread on the sides could create nasty surprises if you hit some wet patches fully leaned over...CRA3 for me !

Wear was bad but they did exactly what I wanted , we did ride tho some rain and the tyres were fine , even thro the damp patches due to the retained heat the tyres found enough grip.
Tried the CRA3 but found they turned slow and got to the edge too quickly for me with no extra "just in case ", hence the change to the PR5 to get the better profile.
Agree the touring tread wears fast and only whish they did a sports version.
I will use them again and run them in on the first day to gain a bit , not much tho lol , may just do 9 days stop in Jaca and get a second set.

I would order them before to make sure they have them in stock and waiting for you to arrive, Spain can be very manana manana

Good advice , I know the tyre place and as you said order first , get there early and as you say they do take their time lol

Stick,I'm surprised you say the Contis are slow steering because any faster and they would be twitchy.
Also to see the big unused edges on the Michelins despite full lean as you say suggest that the Michelins are flatter and less pointed so slower steering than the RA3's which are used to the edges on the GSA at full lean/peg scrape set on 2-up/max which sits 2cm higher than the regular GS...
Have fun in spain...:thumb2

PR5

Boxer , the CR3 has a flatter profile than the PR5 see below.
The rear is more like a front than a rear , way different from the CR. In the back ground you can see a Road tec rear ( okay used ) but profile is similar to the CR
And to add there is no way I could go lower without digging the pegs in , most roads in Spain as you know have such good camber as well .

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 463

Back
Top Bottom