Michelin PR5 Trail

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had the heads up from my local dealer that these are availiable now. Just ordered a set and will have them fitted for the weekend

Just waiting delivery from Oponeo as they were the cheapest at the time of ordering - :D

Been waiting on some real reports on these, now stick the riding god will have them, well probably get a real life story............:hippy

Been waiting on some real reports on these, now stick the riding god will have them, well probably get a real life story............:hippy

Why the acid post , I only post what I feel and do , so please lets not let this thread get like the last.
Once I get the new tyres on I will post how I find them , first real test will be 7 days in September around Andorra and Vielha

Why the acid post , I only post what I feel and do , so please lets not let this thread get like the last.

Nothing acid in my post, just hoping to get a real feedback from a real racer, look at my posts about these tyres been waiting ages for them..........:nenau

Nothing acid in my post, just hoping to get a real feedback from a real racer, look at my posts about these tyres been waiting ages for them..........:nenau

Sorry its just I feel defensive with the shit I get of Nutless, Arsecrack and Andrex .
Hope no offence taken

No offence taken, waiting on report
Will do , I hope it will be honest , but I’m sure it will be ripped apart by some lol
Taking a bit of a risk as will do a run in then on the lorry to Spain in a few weeks for a proper test .
Wish me luck as I normally run in Spain with the conti 2👍👍

Will do , I hope it will be honest , but I’m sure it will be ripped apart by some lol
Taking a bit of a risk as will do a run in then on the lorry to Spain in a few weeks for a proper test .
Wish me luck as I normally run in Spain with the conti 2����

What is on the lorry to Spain, is it cheaper to get there that way.

What is on the lorry to Spain, is it cheaper to get there that way.
I use Eurobiketrans as if you have little time they ship your bike to Spain and back , simple flight , less boring miles and more real roads .

I try to get a link but limited access to the net at the moment , do a search as a few firms do the same thing

I use Eurobiketrans as if you have little time they ship your bike to Spain and back , simple flight , less boring miles and more real roads .

I try to get a link but limited access to the net at the moment , do a search as a few firms do the same thing

Ah OK I get it now seems a lot do it that way, I prefer the ferry quite good fun, when you can get a place, and price is OK, but that is going back to UK or Ireland

I can’t do the ferry as feel so bad after and it takes 24 hrs to get back to normal , so after 16 years I decided to take the other option , plus work commitments now seem to rule , so saving 48 hrs is a winner . The ferry was fun but I was grreno for 20 hrs there and back 🤮

Just fitted these to my 1150GSA having had Conti TA2 for the last 8,000 miles.

Only had them on for 300 miles so far so still early days but the R5T are a lot more neutral than the TA2, they need positive input for cornering but that effort is constant at all lean angles (achieved so far). Haven't used them in the rain yet so can't comment on wet grip and stopping distances. Strangely, the R5T don't heat up as much as the TA2 despite the sipes and the heavier pressures (36/42 for the R5T against 35/38 TA2)

One thing I can say, they are noticeably better than the PR3 which is the last Michelin tyre I used and they were on a mkII TDM850. I hated the PR3, it felt like the tyre was constantly moving around, I guess because of the sipes. The R5T feel more solid.

I’ll be in the market for some new PR4’s or PR5’s in about 1000 more miles, looking forward to getting rid of the OEM Anakees and to some proper feedback from such as Stick and Co.

I’ll be in the market for some new PR4’s or PR5’s in about 1000 more miles, looking forward to getting rid of the OEM Anakees and to some proper feedback from such as Stick and Co.

Just put them on , they look good , but only done about 20 miles . Its been pissing down all day so to give an opinion at this stage would be hard.
To add tho , they were slippy as new but felt good , had about one good dry line and they dropped in to the line perfect.
The tyres do seem to have a sports profile and this I feel when dry will be great , I will let you know after Spain as the bikes being shipped next week.

Back
Top Bottom