Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 year warranty at last

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice 'n' Fat View Post
    I beg to differ

Ask the question of a BMW Motorrad dealer. They would get fucked up the shitter if they tried to impose it

If it was a BMW Motorrad 'Extended' Warranty then they could by putting it in the T's & C's but they don't even do that anymore
    I believe they can. It’s not exactly a warranty at all. It’s a insurance policy with terms and conditions. JJH

I beg to differ

Ask the question of a BMW Motorrad dealer. They would get fucked up the shitter if they tried to impose it

If it was a BMW Motorrad 'Extended' Warranty then they could by putting it in the T's & C's but they don't even do that anymore
    If you read my post, I said they "could" I didn't say they would, its not like a car, where its a directive. They could if they wanted to put servicing at a BMW dealer to fulfil the PCP agreement, or offer lower trade in prices for non dealer serviced bikes. Again, not saying they would The fact is, any warranty given is paid for by someone, probably in the new price of the vehicle.

BMW can't even insist on you having the first (600 mile) service done at a BMW Motorrad dealer and everyone knows that the dealer network will always chip you on the trade in value if it hasn't got a FBMWSH

They have to pay for your 'free' coffee & biscuits somehow
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    1979 Yamaha XT500

BMW can't even insist on you having the first (600 mile) service done at a BMW Motorrad dealer and everyone knows that the dealer network will always chip you on the trade in value if it hasn't got a FBMWSH

They have to pay for your 'free' coffee & biscuits somehow
    I agree this is not totally clear cut, and that someone will foot the bill somewhere, but looking at bikes costing north of £20k in many cases I don't think the extra you pay at BMW is too high for getting it covered for three years? If you pay an extra £100 for a BMW service it's only £300 over 3 years - on a £20k bike - it's a no brainer to me.

I just got my Porsche transfer box replaced under warranty when I put it in for it's first MOT this week and asked the Porsche dealer to go through it with a fine tooth comb as the warranty runs out in 3 weeks - it saver my over £3k in repairs - boy was I glad I had it serviced regularly by them, even though it was more expencive, there was no messing or arguing, it was shipped from Germany overnight and returned to me the next day - brilliant and stress free.

James
    BMW K1600 GT LE

No mileage limit

Savour the benefits even longer. Enjoy warranty for an extra year courtesy of your authorised BMW motorcycle retailer starting with all purchases made after 01 August 2018*.

36 months repairs
    Valid worldwide
    No mileage limit
    All repairs done using original BMW Motorrad parts
    3 years Roadside Assistance

*excluding the HP4 RACE
    If you have been affected,offended by any of the issues raised call free on 06213111566 . Not a fat cat...

Let's hope it lasts longer than Vauxhall's Lifetime Warranty. Vauxhall didn't make the necessary quality improvements and are still getting their arse seriously burnt on vehicles sold under this scheme.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Let's hope it lasts longer than Vauxhall's Lifetime Warranty. Vauxhall didn't make the necessary quality improvements and are still getting their arse seriously burnt on vehicles sold under this scheme.
    Vauxhall now that makes me laugh and I bet they regret it now but only with the first registered owner

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Don’t you go saying anything bad about Vauxhall, or you’ll have Warlord to answer to

Did you know his Chavalier is faster round the ‘ring than a 911?

Dam, just bought a new GS 4 weeks ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took delivery of a new bike on 27th July, so that news is a right pi$$er.

Had 1150s for over 18 years and never had need of any warranty....just saying
    KEA

During the first 3 years all known faults will be fixed. Unlimited mileage is good news.
    Hopefully any extended warranty after the 3 years will be less restrictive.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
    Dam, just bought a new GS 4 weeks ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich1960 View Post
    I took delivery of a new bike on 27th July, so that news is a right pi$$er.
    If I were you I'd try and prevail on BMW to give a goodwill gesture and offer you the third year. Worth asking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12