Wind noise on a MS. Solutions?

Deleted account 220214001

Reaction score
A mate of mine, bald head, suffers tinnitus is very hacked off with his MS. He loves the bike but he says it will cost him his hearing. He wears a AGV lid which he really needs to take in to have correctly packed but he thinks it won't be enough.

He also owns a 999 and says he gets no noise from it in his skull and doesn't cause the tinnitus. He tried a GS and seems to get worse so it may just be the adventure style that's the problem.

I also suggested one of those Puig screens.

Anyone else had this problem? If so what solutions did you apply?

I've had this problem with every 'adventure' bike I try including MTS and GS, and it ultimately stopped me changing to a more upright bike. The sports bike (Im on an 899) pretty much leaves my head in clear wind with no buffeting and is much more comfortable, as with every sportsbike I've had before it. Lots of people seem to like the Givi Airflow screens with adjustments and the 'wings' you can get to mount on the top of the screen , so would try either one of those. I also installed a 'windjammer' on my helmet which makes it a little more fiddly to put on, but cuts down on wind noise in the helmet significantly if you don't have a flip front style helmet.

One suggestion from a dealer was try the shorter screen (Pikes Peak ?), as this will at least let clear air hit you rather than getting dirty air around the screen.

Only more upright bike I've found better with minimal buffeting is the RT, but cant quite get the enthusiasm to make the switch from an 899 to RT.

RBW.

AGV are the worst fit of any helmet i have ever had. for hearing related stuff. Even with ear plugs it was going to send me deaf in a short space of time.

All i can suggest is a different helmet and ear plugs as different helmets are acoustically different with different bikes

Could always try some custom fit ear plugs, I got some ultimate ears ones. They are really quiet, intact I have had filters fitted as they were too quiet.

Had short puigs on both my MS , they work well as does a blade on the standard screen
Earplugs will not stop the buffeting at all

Back
Top Bottom