off to France in a couple of weeks... do our bikes have headlight for LHS driving?

thats not going to come in time... can't you buy them at the post office type place also?

thats not going to come in time... can't you buy them at the post office type place also?

Nope but still better to pay for it, it is only a couple of euros, then if you get a fine, you can contest it, because the vignette did not arrive in time, at least you will have proof that you paid.

+1. When you place the sticker on your screen. A tip from a French colleague - Make sure when riding cover the registration number part over with insulating tape. Forward facing cameras!

+1. When you place the sticker on your screen. A tip from a French colleague - Make sure when riding cover the registration number part over with insulating tape. Forward facing cameras!

Not the brightest of ideas if you are saying hide the license plate number, it will cost you dearly if caught, new laws are out.

Les immatriculations bricolées ou inexistantes

Que vous masquiez une partie des lettres ou chiffres pour éviter la verbalisation (un 8 est changé en 3, un E, devient un F...) n’est pas une riche idée non plus, car vous fabriquez une fausse plaque. Tout comme si vous cachez une partie de la plaque avec un autocollant. Celui qui abuse d’un tel dispositif et des flashs, risque une condamnation pour falsification de son immatriculation (article L317-2 du code de la route) soit, 3 750 € d’amende, 5 ans de prison, 3 ans de suspension de permis, confiscation de son véhicule et 6 points.

Translation

The registrations DIY or nonexistent

That you hide some of the letters or numbers to avoid verbalisation (an 8 is changed to 3, an E, becomes an F ...) is not a rich idea either, because you make a false plate. Just like if you hide a part of the plate with a sticker. Whoever abuses such a device and flashes, risk a conviction for falsification of its registration (Article L317-2 of the Highway Code) is, € 3,750 fine, 5 years in prison, 3 years of suspension of license, confiscation of his vehicle and 6 points.

Apologies for rude reply post and should have been more specific. My work mate was nicked near Lyon forward facing camera and they got him by photo - crit air number plate on. Looked at mine and hard to believe. Only certain new camera has ability
He is French so sees it as just a speed tax. He rides his busa with tape over the sticker on screen peels off when parking.

There's a bloody great 3D barcode on the sticker. If anything is being read by a remote camera (which frankly I doubt) it will be this. The instructions only say mount on the RH side of the vehicle so a pavement-mounted officer can see it. Put on your fork leg - that's the official statement. That's where mine is, up at the top of the fork slider where no camera will see it.

Thanks for the link... I've just spent 1 hour filling it in !!.. trying to get my scan down to 400 KB being the issue !
anyway, got there in the end.. no e-mail as yet?.. may take some time... we go Monday so not sure if it will arrive before, but I've printed off the reciept :beerjug:

Thanks for the link... I've just spent 1 hour filling it in !!.. trying to get my scan down to 400 KB being the issue !
anyway, got there in the end.. no e-mail as yet?.. may take some time... we go Monday so not sure if it will arrive before, but I've printed off the reciept :beerjug:

Receipt will be fine, the lads in Paris are not daft.

Don't forget to get a clean air permit

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

These days insurance docs either come as PDF files attached to an email, or can be downloaded from your login on the insurer's website. Not rocket science to print out on home or work printer, as requesting paper docs often incurs a surcharge

Before my last trip to Europe I went to eBike’s website to download and print a PDF but they have removed that facility from their website. Looks like the business has changed hands and luckily I was able to dig out the paper copies they sent me when I took out the policy as I was cutting it fine to get copies delivered by the postie.

So if you have paper copies, look after them and if you are offered electronic PDF versions when you take the policy out, download them and keep them somewhere safe.

Back
Top Bottom