off to France in a couple of weeks... do our bikes have headlight for LHS driving?

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It appears if you have a light that projects straight, you don't need deflectors on the headlight... 2015 LC.... are these straight of set for LH driving...
does anyone fit these at all?.. maybe just on high beem?

also.. you should ride with dipped beam on... I have the small LED light under the light DRL type thing.. will this do?.. I think if I put my headlight on and it detects daylight, it reverts back to the DRL?

Nothing needed mate just enjoy the trip, headlights on bikes point forward as I believe it, unless yours are wonky, just have a hi-viz jacket in the bag in case of breakdown and thats all, oh yes insurance and driving license, 2 different credit cards for some autoroutes and petrol, and sorted, oh and dipped light on at all times, calling Nutty and Bounce for some tips on places to stay, easier that way.

As Smogbob says, nothing to do

Your headlight is fine and if you have a DRL you don’t even need to use dipped beam in the day, just leave it on auto like at home

The headlights on French market bikes are the same as in the UK,

Cheers guys... Looking forward to the ride!!....

Never had any issue.

Just enjoy the trip.

been over to France at least dozen times on various bikes over the years never had any problems with uk spec headlights.. enjoy!

Don’t forget; in addition to hi vis jacket,original V5, insurance docs, reflective stickers on helmet, GB sticker, spare pair of glasses, breathalysers, EC rated gloves, good lock to stop the thieving bastards and plenty of Euros for the inevitable spending fine, oh and put your headlight on not the running lights... enjoy your trip

does anyone bother?... I did read this, but mine a really good gloves, but a few years old.... No CE marking?...

Don’t forget; in addition to hi vis jacket,original V5, insurance docs, reflective stickers on helmet, GB sticker, spare pair of glasses, breathalysers, EC rated gloves, good lock to stop the thieving bastards and plenty of Euros for the inevitable spending fine, oh and put your headlight on not the running lights... enjoy your trip
You forgot the smelly cheese and gallon of vino.
Oh and be at least twice over the legal limit to drive.

Nothing needed mate just enjoy the trip, headlights on bikes point forward as I believe it, unless yours are wonky, just have a hi-viz jacket in the bag in case of breakdown and thats all, oh yes insurance and driving license, 2 different credit cards for some autoroutes and petrol, and sorted, oh and dipped light on at all times, calling Nutty and Bounce for some tips on places to stay, easier that way.
No requirement for a hi-viz for bikes.

Don,t forget your Crit D Air sticker for their expanding clean air zones.

Given what French bikers wear, even on the motorways, I wouldn’t worry too much about CE gloves. One guy passed us,probably close to 100mph on a GS, short sleeve shirt, short trousers, boater shoes,no gloves, did have a proper helmet on tho.

Back
Top Bottom