Monster 1200?

Twotter

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a Monster 1200 as my next bike. Budget looks like I'm looking at 2015 models. I would just like to ask the GSer Ducatisti if there is anything to particularly look out for? Have you had one or test ridden one? Interested to hear what you think?

I noticed you didn't get a reply.

I can't answer your question as I've never owned one but I'd like to; these are going to be my rules.

1. Service history is essential. I googled and found a chart of each model with the service intervals on it, one of the dealers, I think Vindis at Cambridge break down the prices as well.
2. I think you need the 1200s or r for the Gucci extras.
3. I think you need termi pipe or full system for the rolling thunder experience
4. I reckon there's a lot of geezers out there who buy a Ducati and don't service it as per the manufacturers guidelines, because they want to own it but not pay out then offload it, they run them for low mileage over a couple of years with no servicing.

I'm drawn to the older ones like the S4R or the Senna.

Looks like you are near Vindis, I hear they are nice guys.

Got my eye on a hypermotard 939sp.

I had a monster R for a weekend and it was a belting bike , very planted in the twisties and loads of character as well.
Suspension was superb though it did have proper sticky rubber on it.
The engine has been around for years so it's well refined.
Very nearly bought one too.

Cheers gents. In the end I found myself a cracking T120 Bonneville :)

Back
Top Bottom