Indian Scout Bobber

steveh

Reaction score
Thought there might be some experience of the above. I'm looking for a weekend toy and as I approach my mid 40's clearly I need to define this with a cruiser ....which I know nothing about, zero...zilch.

Anyone had a go or own one and could share thoughts, I had a look in a showroom yesterday and looking to get a test ride next week however

1. Will Indian be around in 10 years time?
2. Will it be uncomfortable after 50 miles
3. Will I loose all my money on a toy
4. Are there better options
5. Will I actually use it???

Its just for fun, the GS is staying

Thought there might be some experience of the above. I'm looking for a weekend toy and as I approach my mid 40's clearly I need to define this with a cruiser ....which I know nothing about, zero...zilch.

Anyone had a go or own one and could share thoughts, I had a look in a showroom yesterday and looking to get a test ride next week however

1. Who cares?
2. Who cares?
3. Who cares?
4. Who cares?
5. Who cares?

.......................hope this helps. :D

What makes you think that my crystal ball is any better than yours?

the question was very simple, if anyone has one I'd like their opinion...i don't think you have one but I'm glad you felt the need to chip in

Buy a 48 Sportster - you will be able to turn back into cash anytime with little loss... a safer bet.

He won`t understand that, as like his question...….

yep get that, fair point but looking back not unreasonable to ask people who have far more experience then me to comment/provide their view on the bike and wider market...just like leadfarmer and twizzle did...and to whom I value and thank them for their insight :)

Honestly, I know fuck all about Indians other than I really like the look of them and I like the reflected heritage that comes with the name. My next bike will hopefully be an Indian.

FWIW my thoughts are if you like and can afford it, buy it. Who knows what tomorrow might bring.

Q3 I should know better, that really was a f*&ckin stupid question in hindsight!!

I was actually having a pop at the spelling....."loose" rather than "lose". :D :D

Anyway...if YOU like the bike....buy it.

I think Indian will be around in 10 years baring disaster, acts of God, apocalypse etc :)

I think Indian will be around in 10 years baring disaster, acts of God, apocalypse etc :)

Ive seen there recent news to move into cars and although I haven't read their AR or 5 year plan the alarm bells rang.....overstretched, another new market, focus etc

I have a 2015 Indian Chief Classic that I purchased from new with no trouble whatsoever.

With regards to depreciation and will Indian still be here in 10 years time, I have had my bike valued recently for an agreed value insurance policy to find she has held her value well. Any company that give a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty must be very confident as HD only manage 2 years also having the backing of a massive company like Polaris can only be a good thing.
If your comparing a Sportster with a Scout please test ride them both and I would be shocked if you prefer the HD as the Sportster is still running on old technology as the Evo engine is an 80's design and has hardly changed whilst the Scout is all new.
A choice of bike is a personal thing and everyone has their own thoughts so it is really down to you to pick what tickles your fancy. As for me my Indian will be going nowhere as I love the bike and love that my GS and Indian are chalk and cheese to ride.

All The best with your decision making.

I have an Indian Chief Dark Horse, I ran it alongside my HD Street Bob for 18 Months, I sold the HD as it was so far behind the Indian in terms of handling, braking, performance and comfort; there really is no comparison, the Indian is a much better machine than the Harley and it works straight out of the box. Sure, a Harley will perform and handle if you throw £Ks at it, but it all comes as standard with an Indian. I have no experience of the Scouts but they are a strong seller with waiting lists on some versions so i think residuals will be good. Will they be around in 10 years? i'm sure they will, Victory lasted 20 years and only stopped so they could keep up with the demand for Indians, but they are still supporting and supplying parts for the Victory for another 10 years. I have 15k trouble free miles on he Indian so far, the major downside is the cost of official accessories but the aftermarket suppliers are starting to catch up with this.

Back
Top Bottom