Refreshing

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What an under rated bike and a pleasure to ride a boxer naked. Better than the R9T. 2nd time I have one as a loan bike and this time I didn't spare the ponies. Big grin :D Not a very intimidating bike when you are gentle with the throttle, good for the shorter folk. Just needs a bit more of a screen and maybe hand guards for the look. I would prefer an Akra can and taller seat. Probably treat it to a hilltop map so it can lift the wheel in 2nd off the throttle :D and given time to see if I like the suspension, maybe a rework. Proper first big bike for a novice or newbie. And it rewards with more feel when you let the hooligan out, the wind, the low foot pegs and willingness to rev out. Better bike than the GSA for everyday duties but for touring 2 up I have my doubts about space and comfort compared to the GSA. It is still a boxer but a lot less vibes than my 14 reg GSA. No, I'm not buying one ...... yet.

Which version did they lend you?

Just wondering if it had engine modes pro (ie dynamic) and semi active suspension (gold fork version)

Blue frame model with suspension and engine modes.

I did a couple of hundred miles on mine on friday, riding into London and back but avoided the motorways where I could. Dry in the morning, biblically wet on the way back and I loved every moment of it (apart from one small trickle down my neck but that's not the bike's fault).

Pretty much aligned to your "wish list", I've got the BMW high screen, GS handguards and Akrapovic, plus Givi handguard extensions, full Givi luggage (V35 side cases plus Maxia), BMW adjustable footrests and both BMW and Mudsling plastic bits to keep the worst of the weather off. Short of fitting the bar risers that I bought from here earlier this year and haven't got round to fitting yet, it's pretty much sorted.

I regularly get the urge to get myself a Harley FLSS (I think it's the memory of spending evenings watching M*A*S*H with my father back in the day), but every time I get on the R1200R I'm just reminded of how brilliant it is and know that the Harley wouldn't be.

Agree with all the above, I am really liking mine.

Good to hear. I am enjoying the Thruxton. Now has dual comfort seat (much comfier than std) and rear pegs. May convert to std Bonneville headstock and bars next. Going to sell the panniers though.

I think its the different gearing that gives it that lively uptake. My 16 RT goes really well from a standing start.

Back
Top Bottom