https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk these guys must think we are idiots

cecilthecat

Reaction score
I know these guys are a sponsor here so admins remove if you think this is inapproriate

I just asked these guys (https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk) for a multi bike policy quote as I saw they were a sponsor, however they refused to give me a quote as I would not tell them what my renewal amount was.

When I said "just give me your best price as it should not matter what other companies are offering and to be honest if I tell you it was £1000 then you would probably just come in at £999" he said unless you tell me what the renewal is we can not quote you, so it ended up being a brief conversation.

Seems a very strange way of doing business to me !!

IAM Surety/Cornmarket operate the same policy, expecting another insurer to do the underwriting for them

I stopped dealing with them some years ago for this reason

I know these guys are a sponsor here so admins remove if you think this is inapproriate

I just asked these guys (https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk) for a multi bike policy quote as I saw they were a sponsor, however they refused to give me a quote as I would not tell them what my renewal amount was.

When I said "just give me your best price as it should not matter what other companies are offering and to be honest if I tell you it was £1000 then you would probably just come in at £999" he said unless you tell me what the renewal is we can not quote you, so it ended up being a brief conversation.

I’ve just received a very odd email from Bikesure telling me my renewal premium has gone down- what kind of nonsense is this, a new trick of some sort?!

I can't remember all the details now but I did find that when getting quotes several names were in the same stable so to speak MCN compare is run by either Bikesure or The Bike Insurer as an example so when you think that you are shopping around it may not be the case in reality
Insurers are mostly Tricksters and con artists imho

Cue Wappers :rolleyes:

So why not tell them £350? Or whatever. Or maybe tell them it's your first quote?

It is poor that they will only quote if u tell them your renewal price.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Or maybe they were prepared to cut some of their commission to improve any quote they were going to provide to you. hence wanting to know your renewal price...

Complain then go to ombudsman if u can be bothered. What if u were shopping around part way through insurance year and didn't have a renewal figure or as others have said were new to or coming back to bikes or had been overseas etc etc.

Maybe dodged a bullet and better off elsewhere though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently used the bike insurer after receiving a quote from Carole Nash 300% higher than last year, the only change in my policy was a new GS from a three year old GS, not only did the bike insurer beat last years CN premium, using their site saved me £100.

I’ve just received a very odd email from Bikesure telling me my renewal premium has gone down- what kind of nonsense is this, a new trick of some sort?!

Bikesure did that to me last year, completely threw me :)

they've put it up a bit this year but I guess I've now got a bike 9 years younger and worth 3 times as much so I'll let them off

I’ve just got a quote from them, and they were over £150 cheaper than any of the other comparison sites. Do they offer a further discount for forum members?

I used them for my first years motorbike insurance as they came in the cheapest but the chance of me using them again is very slim.
I've just received my renewal quote and it's £250 MORE expensive and I haven't made a claim.

The underwriters they used for this year's insurance was a joke.
I asked them to add pillion cover and as expected my premium went up which was fine but a few days later, they told me my policy would be cancelled in 7 days!!!! Sure enough, the underwriter had decided they didn't want to offer me that cover anymore so had decided to threaten me with cancellation.

Further into the year, I was looking to move house so asked them to look at changing my address.
I gave them my new address and before I knew it, I had another letter threatening to cancel my policy again.

It's the first time I've ever experienced this and after insuring cars for nearly 20 years, it's come as a bit of a shock.

STAY AWAY is my advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAM Surety/Cornmarket operate the same policy, expecting another insurer to do the underwriting for them

I stopped dealing with them some years ago for this reason

I've just had my renewal notice from them for my multi-bike policy, it has gone up by £100 which is over 20% increase after yet another year of no claims. I have told them that a hike of that magnitude is a joke and if they don't reduce it to a reasonable level then I am off to confused.com.

Well, after I added the exhaust system and remap, the price went up by £250, so that’s them out of the running.

MCE has my business for a year, as their quote was very good, and included all the essentials.

I find get it down in stages is best

If you call them and say it's go XY and Z security price is C

Ring them, security no etc etc.
The ring them back add a disc lock
Ring them back add immobiliser
Ring them back add tracker
Ring them back add advanced rider
Keep doing it and it works out as a lot cheaper.

Mine halved with BMW (Devits)

As for IAM surety, even the bloke said it's pointless telling you the quote,it's a joke ������

The bike insurer are a broker?

They use several underwriters, it would be the underwriter threatening to cancel a policy?

Have referred these idiots to the ombudsman several times over the years for false advertising.
"We guarantee to beat your renewal" - utter lying twunts.

Back
Top Bottom