Vario pannier - Help identifying some screws

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had another look at my knackerd vario pannier today

It's stuck open, and would buckle and bow when you try to collapse it.

Anyway i spent the afternoon stripping it to component parts and rebuilding it.

I've managed to get it to collapse easily, and open with a bit of help, ( i'll get some silicone lube on it at some stage)

One thing i have noticed is missing, is the two screws that hold the adjustor handle to the cam boxes on each side.

RealOEM dosent show them :( They look like a small self tapper, but ive no idea of size.

Anyone come accross them before , and can point me in the right direction where i can obtain some ?

Assuming that the top box and panniers take the same screws, they are self-tappers which measure 13.67mm long (isn't a vernier caliper great for simulating precision), a head diameter of 7.30 mm (countersunk and domed) and what looks like 6 threads from one end to the other. This photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzzhndmv6db6e5a/IMG_20180814_093142012.jpg?dl=0 is pretty dreadful but it hopefully shows what it looks like.

Assuming that the top box and panniers take the same screws, they are self-tappers which measure 13.67mm long (isn't a vernier caliper great for simulating precision), a head diameter of 7.30 mm (countersunk and domed) and what looks like 6 threads from one end to the other. This photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzzhndmv6db6e5a/IMG_20180814_093142012.jpg?dl=0 is pretty dreadful but it hopefully shows what it looks like.

Thats the puppy,

now where to source - i cant see them in realOEM, so its off to the hardware store

Cheers

Mart, I thought I had some but alas they are not the right size.

You might be able to substitute the missing screws with some small countersunk wood screws.

Another option might be car paint and bodywork suppliers, I have got things like screws and trim clips from Express autopaints just off Eastern Rd, Portsmouth. You may have something similar in Chichester?

Mart, I thought I had some but alas they are not the right size.

You might be able to substitute the missing screws with some small countersunk wood screws.

Another option might be car paint and bodywork suppliers, I have got things like screws and trim clips from Express autopaints just off Eastern Rd, Portsmouth. You may have something similar in Chichester?

Cheers :) , i'll have a rummage through my oddsn jar and see whats in there, failing that there are some engineering outfits nearby

Back
Top Bottom