Issues with my GSA... any constructive help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone ... but not forgotten

So after much soul searching, I’ve traded it in for a new GSA ( current one )... will leave the dealer to sort it out now.

Last edited:
So after much soul searching, I’ve traded it in for a new GSA ( current one )... will leave the dealer to sort it out now.

Cant have been much if youve got another and the dealer is going to sort ;)

It would have been nice to find out what the problem was. JJH

I’ve just not been happy with this bike for awhile... so hopefully I have better luck with the new one ... and the deal was good :thumb

We should get the engine number logged now and save ourselves the grief...

I would say you had warranty until you announced here that you had put a full Akrapovic system on and let Hilltop fiddle with it...;)
If it was running too rich it could have killed the cat and caused back pressure which resulted in too much heat that caused other problems...or running too rich could have washed the oil off cylinder walls thinning/contaminating the oil with gas causing other wear...rattly noises...Not good !

I would say you had warranty until you announced here that you had put a full Akrapovic system on and let Hilltop fiddle with it...;)
If it was running too rich it could have killed the cat and caused back pressure which resulted in too much heat that caused other problems...or running too rich could have washed the oil off cylinder walls thinning/contaminating the oil with gas causing other wear...rattly noises...Not good !

Haha, I dare you to call Hilltop with that scenario. :D :D

The first flaw in your theory is a full Akra system does not have a cat. :blast.

What a load of bollocks.... read previous posts before commenting ... exhaust was supplied and fitted by the dealer... they are fully aware of Hilltop, as many dealers send to them and charge for removal and refitting, nice earner for them.... NO issue with warranty, and they will fix and resell as an Approved Used bike. I’m happy as I get a new bike, with 3 year warranty for a nominal amount to change .... everyone is happy.

BigBang...Akrapovic offers different headers for the LC...TI or Stainless...with or without cat...:comfort

Nutty - you must be rattled! I have you down as a gentleman:D

but I totally agree with you;)

I am, until someone makes out that they know everything, but in fact know very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom