Just taking a chance

poacher63

Reaction score
Evening all, after doing a 750 mile trip over two days last week we decided the zzr1200 had to go. Been considering a gs for a couple of years but never really been convinced. Anyway extreme a $#e ache for me and the wife led me to go for it.
All being well this weekend I'll be collecting a 2005 gs1200, non abs with fsh and 16700 miles on the clock.
Plan is to get a few trips in over the next year and if its all good, maybe consider a new one.
Just a small point is the navigator v6 compatible with this model, is there a place for it to plug into or will I need to find an ignition live?
Thanks, will no doubt be asking lots of questions,.

Welcome to the forum ,

I believe there is a can(bus) power socket in the headstock area for accessories (satnav being one of them )

You will need a can(bus) lead to connect the Nav6 to power,

This will enable auto power on and off of the the nav unit with the ignition.

Do not go to NN or TT for the lead they are available from the dealer for about £10-15

Others may be better specced on the nav 6, but i belive most functions willwork, apart from any that are driven direct from the thumbwheel controller

(you dont have one)

See you in the hexhead forum

Hello and welcome on board The search function is your friend for questions most will have been answered ;)

So, if some functions won't be available due to the age of my bike, would I be better off looking at something other than v6?
Thanks for the reply by thecway.

So, if some functions won't be available due to the age of my bike, would I be better off looking at something other than v6?
Thanks for the reply by thecway.

Afaik all the functions will work, but any functions that can be controled via the thumb wheel wont work (as the 05 dosent have a thumb wheel) they may however work direct via the unit

If you ask the question over in the GPS forum, one of the more knowledgable bods will be able to help

Afaik all the functions will work, but any functions that can be controled via the thumb wheel wont work (as the 05 dosent have a thumb wheel) they may however work direct via the unit

If you ask the question over in the GPS forum, one of the more knowledgable bods will be able to help
Cheers, I will.

If you think you've had arseache before and expect it to be sorted by a 1200GS, then I hope your fine new steed already has aftermarket seats.

Best of luck, and welcome btw.
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom