Looking for GPS power socket

ajd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the GPS power socket on my 2011 1200GS. By a process of deduction (i.e. what the heck else could it be?) is it this (right hand side, just outboard of the horn)?

Attachments

• 20180814_202440 small.jpg
    20180814_202440 small.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 234
That motorcycleinfo site helped me find mine the other day, and I had really looked quite hard before.

On my 2008 adventure it was on the outer frame, towards the back near frame / horn, taped up. It helps looking at the canbus cable plug so you know what it is you are looking for. I had just bought one off this parish which helped.

Good luck with the hunt. :D

That may be the one for the aux spots

Put a meter on it and see if it goes live with the ignition on ?

That said it looks like a differnt socket to the normal auxilary canbus connector

No, thats not the socket you are looking for. Its white, and taped to the headstock.

Go to Motorworks.co.uk and search for part number ELA13585, thats the socket you need to get to plug into the one on the bike. I've put a conventional car type fag lighter socket on mine and use it (sometimes with a USB thingy) to power all sorts of things from sat-nav to phones to cameras to a camping bed inflator pump. :rob

Back
Top Bottom