1250 Gs specs reveald

Some cant even get their bike on the centerstand, imagine trying to lift another 12kgs

Stupid isn't - then add the weight of 3 alloy boxes and luggage inside, a tankbag plus all the TT farkles and it'll take 2 people to get it on the centrestand

Stupid isn't - then add the weight of 3 alloy boxes and luggage inside, a tankbag plus all the TT farkles and it'll take 2 people to get it on the centrestand

Hmmm, Perhaps it's time for some to consider a GS instead of a GSA

Must agree on that, the suspension will also take a beating, unless they set the average weight limit from about 80kg to at least tosser size 100kg +

Heavier, just what an ageing biking population needs:blast

R1250 GSA will have a kerb weight, 10kgs higher than a 1150 GS Adv fuelled - which comes in at 258kg and the 1250 Adv is 268kg +++ fuelled

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bmw/bmw_r1150gs adven 05.htm

Progress:rolleyes:

It's a joke. In their car division, BMW are striving to shave weight off. Here, they've just knocked 55kg from one of their best selling cars - https://uk.motor1.com/news/262488/bmw-3series-gains-powerful-4cylinder/ so why can't they do it with the bikes??

The extra weight is probably for the motor to power the centre stand :p

It's all the extra layers of paint so they don't get inundated with warranty jobs for paint bubbling. As a "premium bike" it should be immune to such things apparently.

8 years ago, if I told you that that GSA in TE spec would cost near enough 20k you would have told me to fuck off. For what it is the adventure bike market has shown that shovelling shit down the throat of the consumer would earn you a mint and they will fall over each other in a race to acquire the latest piece of crap engineering that said shit shoveller sells. And all this to enrich a family who made a fortune using for one, slave labour to produce batteries for German U-boats. I kid you not. Heavier, more complicated and most certainly to be praised by owner and motorcycle journalist alike. For 20k you can buy a better bike and spend the rest on paying the mortgage off after a tour to Ulaanbaatar. Like sportsbikes, these machines will go out of fashion as soon as they price themselves out of the market and the user reaches retirement age. Prove me wrong and I'll buy you a beer.

8 years ago, if I told you that that GSA in TE spec would cost near enough 20k you would have told me to fuck off. For what it is the adventure bike market has shown that shovelling shit down the throat of the consumer would earn you a mint and they will fall over each other in a race to acquire the latest piece of crap engineering that said shit shoveller sells. And all this to enrich a family who made a fortune using for one, slave labour to produce batteries for German U-boats. I kid you not. Heavier, more complicated and most certainly to be praised by owner and motorcycle journalist alike. For 20k you can buy a better bike and spend the rest on paying the mortgage off after a tour to Ulaanbaatar. Like sportsbikes, these machines will go out of fashion as soon as they price themselves out of the market and the user reaches retirement age. Prove me wrong and I'll buy you a beer.

All true, but the great thing about selling a product - is you don't have to buy it simples. But plenty of people will buy them and if you compare to most Harley, BMW are affordable, and Harley sell loads of motorcycles.

Yes. You have been researched and profiled and thus you are the target of the shit shovelling. You are being told what you want despite not needing it.

I feel that this is a thread hijack. Please continue to wank off over the latest and greatest. That is a bit harsh but exactly how it reads from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom