Which year GSA to buy?

Congrats...like someone said earlier...the best would be a EU-3 bike with EU-4 transmission !
As you can't have this you did right...:thumb
I myself wanted triple-black so I had to go Eu-4 otherwise I would a bought a 2016 in white..;)
Have fun and let us know what you think TC-AVD vs LC-ADV !

What wrong with Euro-4 ??

Get OBD2 Port as standard which means easy DIY servicing

Not a big issue for me as GS 911owner. I spoke to Geoff at Hilltop; he didn't have any opinion on Euro 3 v 4.... "Both very lean!"
De-farkling the old one

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Actually, nothing…
Euro-4 makes the engine run a bit smoother, and the gas milage has been improved.

If the bike is sold through a dealer, the engine probably is Euro-4 anyway, as BMW has been running a campaign for upgrades through their dealer.

Last time my bike (-15 GSA) was at the dealer they upgraded all the software to the very newest, at no charge. When I asked if this was for a particular reason, they said BMW had instructed them to do so.

I have a 2017 GSA (which is my first) and I have to say I'm really impressed. Heated grips, gear shift assist etc all work fine.
Unlike all the horror stories on here it has rusted and fallen to bits, spokes are fine, gearbox good, brakes fine etc etc.
I would highly recommend it.

:beerjug:
JJ

Warlord...EU-3 have a slightly stronger mid-range !
Factory SW-updates don't make EU-4 out of EU-3 bikes...but let EU-4 bikes run stronger and EU-3 bikes weaker...;)
Before the factory SW-update my 2017 EU-4 bike ran significantly weaker than the 2014,14,16 GS-ADV bikes I had test-ridden before and the new transmission did feel really much different.
But I wanted a triple-black otherwise I would have bought a white EU-3 from 2016...

Warlord...EU-3 have a slightly stronger mid-range !
Factory SW-updates don't make EU-4 out of EU-3 bikes...but let EU-4 bikes run stronger and EU-3 bikes weaker...;)
Before the factory SW-update my 2017 EU-4 bike ran significantly weaker than the 2014,14,16 GS-ADV bikes I had test-ridden before and the new transmission did feel really much different.
But I wanted a triple-black otherwise I would have bought a white EU-3 from 2016...

I still think the 2017 model (euro 4) pre TFT is the sweet spot.

- ODB2 connectors for DIY Servicing/diagnostics resets using mobile phone
- Revised Gearbox and nicer shifting
- Cush drive installed on shaft for smoother running
- No TFT connectivity issues, reliable analogue clocks
- Heated Grips work and are hot.

The sweet spot LC

Warlord the cushdrive/driveshaft dampener was on the GS-ADV from day one.
Like I said I wanted triple-black and the revised transmission is definitely not worse than the older one and after the EU-4 factory remap I'm happy with it !
But if you don't need a black one I would not hesitate to buy a EU-3 which ran a little stronger in the mid-range before the factory sw-remap.
Would be nice to have both EU-3 & EU-4 side by side and do a 3rd gear roll-on from 5000 to 8000 rpm...
B.t.w. my 2017 EU-4 has a real ignition key and real gauges...:thumb
I ordered it this way...Happy with it ! Just needs a little bit more juice...;)

Oh ok, was the cush drive thing modified then on 2017. I seem to remember something happened to it around mid 2017

Back
Top Bottom