Standard GS height on Adv

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have bought some 1150 Adv shocks, which have been on an Adv only they are slightly lower at standard height. Now, I saw all sorts of people talking about the fac that the stands have to be changed too - but the bike they came off was perfectly happy on the Adventure stands. On the side the Adv leans a fair bit anyway and people put things on to raise them up a bit.....and the centre stand lifts the rear wheel anyway.

Any other feedback from the collective about this situation please? I think I will be OK with the original ADV stands, even though the shocks are an inch shorter. Any real world experience other than the bike they came off please?

Just done the same with my new to me 1150 GSA

Previously it was on GSA shocks and stands

Fitted 1150 GS shocks

It was a bugger to get onto the GSA centre stand with shorter GS shocks and I am 6'2

So fitted a GS centre stand - much better and matched now

However the longer GSA side stand fouled the GS centre stand when they were both up in the riding position

So had to fit the GS side stand

All good now

Bike handles better on shorter GS shocks now too

Personally I would fit the GS stands too - especially with your bad shoulder

Right ho. I'll just cut the one I have got down a bit. I have got a hinged handle on the subframe which makes a huge difference to hauling it on, dead easy. Pushing it off is a right bugger.

Oh, you say it handles better at lower height - I can believe lowering the CofG would help, but I don't trouble the outer blocks of the tyres anyway!

Stands are different, don't cut it down

You can get a used GS stand on ebay for £50 - buy a complete one with springs and brackets as you need the GS bracketery too

Lower CofG - yep, 1st roundabout with the Ohlins fitted and the boots were scraping the floor;)

Much better, now

Back
Top Bottom