Time for new heading??

Wokkaman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Given all the 1250 info and specs that have been released its it now time for a new top thread heading

1250GS

:thumb

Stop Spamming

THREAD CLOSED

Yes it feckin is, get out...

I was not spamming it was a serious question... even my dealer has confirmed Autumn release and we have a 1250 thread running... just through move it to its own heading...

I was not spamming it was a serious question... even my dealer has confirmed Autumn release and we have a 1250 thread running... just through move it to its own heading...

My dealer has stated the same , im putting a holder on the first of 5 bikes coming in on Tuesday , so I hope to have one soon and should be able to post some findings . As long as its not raining , the wind is not to strong and im still not pissed from the night before lol
I took the plunge with the 13 reg and still have no fear of the new version , bring it on all I can do is cry if it goes wrong , but it wont as I have faith .
I have has issues with things but all have been fixed.
Also it would be nice to run a non hijacked thread for a change as some member may find it of use.

My dealer has stated the same , im putting a holder on the first 5 bikes coming in on Tuesday , so I hope to have one soon and should be able to post some findings . As long as its not raining , the wind is not to strong and im still not pissed from the night before lol
I took the plunge with the 13 reg and still have no fear of the new version , bring it on all I can do is cry if it goes wrong , but it wont as I have faith .

.........but do you really need 5 bikes - surely even with BMW's one plus a spare would be more than enough :augie

So Stick - you state the dealer has 5 1250’s coming in on Tuesday and you have bought one?

Or are you putting a deposit down on Tuesday for the October/November launch?

Put me right?

So Stick - you state the dealer has 5 1250’s coming in on Tuesday and you have bought one?

Or are you putting a deposit down on Tuesday for the October/November launch?

Put me right?

Putting a deposit down on Tuesday as mines in for service , for the bike that will be coming in.
Im shit at typing as im doing 10 things at once , sorry for the confusion .

Putting a deposit down on Tuesday as mines in for service , for the bike that will be coming in.
Im shit at typing as im doing 10 things at once , sorry for the confusion .

No need to apologise... just following the various threads!

My dealer has stated the same , im putting a holder on the first of 5 bikes coming in on Tuesday , so I hope to have one soon and should be able to post some findings . As long as its not raining , the wind is not to strong and im still not pissed from the night before lol
Also it would be nice to run a non hijacked thread for a change as some member may find it of use.

Great News!
I'm already looking forward to your report Stick

Great News!
I'm already looking forward to your report Stick

Thanks , just hope I get a good choice of colours.. I have heard that they may come standard with the PR5 tyres , interesting as just fitted a set to mine and hope to get out tomorrow to scrub them in before spain.

Let’s have a quick report on the PR5’s too, I’ll soon be ready to get rid of my OEM Michelin ‘Panickees’ in exchange for my favourite PR4’s, but if the PR5’s are good I’ll go for the upgrade. I’ve heard rumours on here about them tracking or tram lining however this I doubt as the PR4’s have superb road manners.

Let us know what you think Stick.:thumb

Let’s have a quick report on the PR5’s too, I’ll soon be ready to get rid of my OEM Michelin ‘Panickees’ in exchange for my favourite PR4’s, but if the PR5’s are good I’ll go for the upgrade. I’ve heard rumours on here about them tracking or tram lining however this I doubt as the PR4’s have superb road manners.

Let us know what you think Stick.:thumb

Just ran the PR5 s in , just over 150 miles , roads were mainly B roads with a route based on mid wales Brecon , Builth , Radnor etc conditions not perfect , damp wet sections and light drizzle , we had a few dry stretches which were on good sections .
Quite a bit of tractor dirt but in general okay.
The tyres remain steady over all sorts of surface , banding , cracks dirt and feel good under braking even trail braking in , confident feel and no wandering. Lets you concentrate on the road ahead.
Hard braking straight line , very good with little to no weave ( unlike the Road tech 01)

Corner grip ( bear in mind damp / wet / dry patches ) very , very good , the tall profile of the tyres make the bike drop into the corners and under acceleration from the apex of corner the bike digs in well , so with the addition of good entry speed the grip is awesome , again allows you to look at the next bit of road as the bike is settled.
Exit grip , even banked over the tyre feel well planted and no issues.
The over all profile of both tyres ( rear especially ) gives it a real sports tyre feel and is good.
The rear does look small for some reason compared to the RT01 but makes up with the way it rides.

To add , the tyres get warm quickly and almost feel tacky so damp roads feel dry as for grip and wet roads are fine (unless you fine the polished bits but any tyre reacts to that), bring on the Spanish qwartz

I have been a Conti TA2 fan for a long time but this new PR5 is better . lots better.
I will give a better view when back from Spain where the roads will test the tyre properly ( no rain , shit etc)

Pics front , front , rear , rear

Opps may have posted in the wrong section , don't know how to move it so sorry , but answered the question I hope

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 250
Stick did you ever try Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 or Conti Road Attack 3 and how do you compare them to the Michelins ?
I also will get a 2019 or 2020 1250 because 2021 they will be EU-5...:(

Stick did you ever try Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 or Conti Road Attack 3 and how do you compare them to the Michelins ?
I also will get a 2019 or 2020 1250 because 2021 they will be EU-5...:(

Never tried the PST2 on the BM so cant comment , have tried the CR3 on the BM but found that the broad profile of the rear seemed to make the bike lazy in tight fast corners, big open roads fine .
But I felt , for the BM TA2 were better as a faster turning tyre and inspired more confidence than the CRA3.
The RT01 were good and quite neutral but had this weave under hard breaking on the front , rear was good. Even after 2500 miles still could not get used to it , but still thought the set was good but did not suit my riding style.
These new PR5 do seem a different breed of tyre due to the sport profile ( as posted pictures in the original post) as really does change the way the bm handles , for the + as its great anyway but the profile adds that better lean and the abiltiy to keep the power on without the worry of wobble due to previous road / trail profile mix and you can just push , push , push.
Win win so far for me .
Deposit for me on Tuesday on the new bike , cant f...n wait.:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2:bounce1:bounce1

I would expect the 1250 will be euro 5 ready

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what the euro 5 means , surley a pipe , end can and a remap would put it back to where it should be ( running as an engine should , not strangled)

Back
Top Bottom