I’ve bought a forum member’s ex-bike!

Bikermike1411

Reaction score
42k miles, bang on budget and no odd knocks, pops, farts or rattles. In fact, it settles to idle quite quickly and purrs like a sewing machine - lovely! Display works as it should. Came home 130 miles in torrential rain yesterday with no issues. In fact, my only complaint is that the Remus can sounds exactly like I remember my stock can sounding!

Wasn’t sure about the bank-manager silver originally, but In the cold light of ownership it’s quickly grown on me!

Cosmetically there’s the odd scratch and stone chips, and the paint has bubbled on the lower part of the engine behind the front pipes, but it’s nothing I wasn’t expecting. I intend to spend the winter sorting out the bits at the front I can spray myself in the same way as I did my last one (fork yokes and lowers). Cylinders are surprisingly good nick, but both head covers want rubbing back and respecting. I’ll refinish the crash bars in silver and either respray or replace the spotlights. The tank needs a t-cutting, perhaps replace the RH badge (it’s peeling slightly) and that screen (is it an ADV one?) needs some attention with Xerapol. I hope I can polish the front downpipes back to shiney new (the black crud seems to scratch off - are they stainless as standard?) and the wheels need the hubs spraying and respoking in stainless spokes. And it needs a tonne of stainless bolts throwing at it..... should keep me busy from November!

Came with system panniers and (a surprise to me) heated grips (which work!).

019a8420079cfd7087116d737bfb5cc9.jpg

b96564b5b1f9a721f91381dc55f3cc75.jpg

b23f2c4627624c780ed580b0dc63dc76.jpg

Overall, I’m well pleased. So much so that I’ll be putting my 2 owner, 13k mile, virtually immaculate Blackbird up for sale next week (£3500 Ono). If you’re interested get in touch!

As it’s clearly been owned by a forum member, does anyone recognise it? If so, get in touch and let me know any history if you can!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put a remus on my 1100gs, sounds much better
So very much better like a real twin and thats with the baffle in

Just put a remus on my 1100gs, sounds much better
So very much better like a real twin and thats with the baffle in

Honestly, mine is no different! There’s no twin ‘thunder’ sound (having owned vtr’s I’m used to the noise!). It’s just....flat....

It’s a non-removable baffle type too.

Great looking bike there... I wouldnt expect the normal v twin sound...where it really counts is when your giving it beans then you get the true boxer sound....

Always makes me grin...

Don’t get me wrong Dusty, I smiled all the way home! Just expected a bit more...rort!

I’ll be looking out for a mint standard can to keep with it as well though, it’s one thing it doesn’t have

Honestly, mine is no different! There’s no twin ‘thunder’ sound (having owned vtr’s I’m used to the noise!). It’s just....flat....

If you want to flog that Remus, PM me

PS, I have a couple of mint stock GS cans as p/x

Just lose the silencer. Nicer sound, a bit louder and 5kg lighter,

This; keep the cat, ditch the end can and fit a stubby (do a search).

Agreed, my 1150 go's much better with this set up and probably the best sound with none of that awful drone a Remus gives off.

Back
Top Bottom