Givi Inner bags

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After years of touring and removing a succession of top boxes and carrying them up to cabins on ferries or up to hotel rooms I bought a new Givi Trekker Outback 52 litre top box last year and decided to invest in one of Givi's T512 inner bags to go with it.

Very well made bit of kit and a perfect fit for the top box ,easy to get out of the top box with a substantial carrying strap and by all accounts fully waterproof and able to be strapped on top of the box if you are short of space ? (it actually includes a couple of substantial bungee cords for just that use ).

Wish I had thought about them years and 4 battered top boxes ago.

They also do them for panniers as well

Attachments

• T512.jpg
    T512.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 333
  • T512_in%20OBK58A.jpg
    T512_in%20OBK58A.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 368
  • T512_on%20OBK58A.jpg
    T512_on%20OBK58A.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 414
Thanks for that, I have the same top box, may get that inner bag.

They are excellent bags. I have the 42 litre top box and was absolutely drenched in the Lake District earlier this year but everything inside the bag was dry.
I used to have the inner bags for Varios but found them difficult to get in and out so didn't bother in the end. The Givi bags will compact down if you don't have much inside leaving space for anything that requires quick access or as the photo above shows they can be strapped down to the bike as well.

Highly recommended :thumb2

Had the inner bags for Varios but found they took up far too much space even when carefully packed (so reverted back to Tesco type bags!). So how much clothing / wine / hair straighteners (and that's just my stuff) has to be sacrificed to use these things inside the hard panniers?

Had the inner bags for Varios but found they took up far too much space even when carefully packed (so reverted back to Tesco type bags!). So how much clothing / wine / hair straighteners (and that's just my stuff) has to be sacrificed to use these things inside the hard panniers?

With the bag I got for the top box next to no wasted space,easily removed from the box when full and no more bashing the shit out of expensive top boxes carrying them to cabins on ferries or hotel rooms and far less embarrasing than carrying a bin bag up to your room

Yeah, I have the Givi bag as well for my Trekker Outback topbox......it can be used as a standalone dry bag if extra storage is needed.

Great bit of kit and I'd bespoke for whichever sized box/pannier you have.

Sent from a U11

They are fab if you are camping because you can take the bag out , put it on wet grass etc or in a damp tent and your kit stays dry . :thumb2

That looks pretty good so I’ll have a look to compare the size of the Givi box against my generic cheap rip off copy that cost peanuts :D

I measured my top box and Givi do one that is near enough exactly the same size and gives me 12l more capacity than the bag I was originally going to use which means I can get a small down jacket in there for my forthcoming trip rather than rely on my bike jacket to keep me warm when I’m drinking beer outside my tent at midnight :beerjug:

Well it arrived and is a perfect fit. I hadn’t realised it has a dump valve so you can squeeze air out of it so that’s good. I certainly won’t be putting it on top of the box but the bungee straps are good quality and strong so they’ll come in handy as well.

Another plus is that I think it’s big enough so that when it’s out of the top box there’ll be a little bit to be gained in capacity so I can always strap a small waterproof bag on top of the box while on the move and still shove it in the bag when I’m traipsing up the stairs on a ferry or in a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom