GS seat adjustment

CPJS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike; '17 GS low chassis, low seat in the low position.
I thought i would like to try raising the front/ back of the seat just to see what it is like.
I can raise the front of the seat or I can raise the whole seat but I can't raise just the back as it will not locate into the locking/securing mechanism.
Is it just me or are they all like that ?

From a sample of two, I can't say that they're all like that. However, other than yours is a low chassis and mine is a standard height one with a low seat, yours and mine are both the same in that respect. HTH

Although mine is a standard chassis with a high seat, I can confirm that you can put the front on H and rear on L, but the opposite sloping L and H gives the same result as yourself does not lock, maybe BMW have done this as to not put pressure on the plastic lock at that angle, anyway seems they are all the same.

I have now answered my own question, yes the seat will fit high at the back/low at the front.
You have to push down HARD to get the mechanism to work but it does seem to work reliably, you also have to push down on the seat to help the release when unlocking. The pillion seat has to be in the rearward position.
I want to try this seat position to help me to stop slouching during the boring bits of a ride.

Good luck with that option, I need the back on low & the front on high as any other setting makes me slide into the tank & get ball ache.

I have now answered my own question, yes the seat will fit high at the back/low at the front.
You have to push down HARD to get the mechanism to work but it does seem to work reliably, you also have to push down on the seat to help the release when unlocking. The pillion seat has to be in the rearward position.
I want to try this seat position to help me to stop slouching during the boring bits of a ride.

Well I did not want to force mine into the bracket, seems forcing on plastic not the best idea, but if it works.

I'll try it out, if it is more comfy i will take a mm or so off the weight bearing posts to allow the catch to work more freely.

Back
Top Bottom