End of may 1st weeks in June Pyrenees

stick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , done this area July / September but want to take a new group of riders on a Tour of the area , would be based around Andorra , and as far as Pamplona doing the col roads ie France / Spain
Weather wise how are the Col roads looking and would there be any closed at this time .
I ask as I ride / lead with an experienced group but always in September when I know the weather and road conditions any advice would be helpful as trying to squeeze in 3 to 4 trips next year.

They were all great last June as I left Mugello and went over to Sort and down the N260 to Catalunya.

Try asking simon_100 because he’s been running tours/trips in the Pyrenees for years and is finishing this year to take it easy.

I’m pretty sure he’ll answer any questions you ask and he certainly knows the area.

We were there end of May this year, stayed in Sort for three days having had 3 at Fuente De in Picos and a night at the Monasterio de Leyre.
Have to say that Andora would not be a first choice place to revisit, nor the French side of the Pyrenees tbh.

After the Picos and the run over to Sort, the roads and traffic around Andora and french side came as a (nasty) shock, as did the weather. We did Tourmalet and various others but either got chased by clouds/fog and rain or rode into them.

The road from Sort through Lavorsi and on to Viella had been done previously and was as good as ever - tremendous and not to be missed if in the area.

Plans for next years trip will not include Andora but is likely to take us further West passed the Picos and onto Portugal etc.

Of course you may have entirely different weather next year and have a blast....

I've been there for the last 3 years in June.
For the first time this year there was snow on the higher mountain peaks but no where near the roads.
I can recommend La Seu D'Urguell (just south of Andorra) as a base.

Back
Top Bottom