Hotel help - Pyrenees and Picos

On the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, Hotel Les Brases in Sort is a good base. Bike friendly, secure lock-up for bikes. Food in the hotel is OK and some nice restaurants in the town:thumb

Great loop north via C13 over Col de Bonaigua to Viellha then south to La Pobla de Segur via N230 and N260 then north again back to Sort - about 120 miles.

2w5iljb.jpg

I've stayed there too - great hotel as you say. Brilliant breakfast with fried eggs straight from the pan!

I've stayed there too - great hotel as you say. Brilliant breakfast with fried eggs straight from the pan!

And that restaurant you see on the lhs is the only Michelin starred one in the area.

The C13 is magnificent!

Wanted del oso in the picos but full so went to Fuente de instead and had a great time - the run up to the hotel is fab and a cable car to the top of the mountain is a good distraction

And that restaurant you see on the lhs is the only Michelin starred one in the area.

The C13 is magnificent!

Wanted del oso in the picos but full so went to Fuente de instead and had a great time - the run up to the hotel is fab and a cable car to the top of the mountain is a good distraction

I didn't know about the restaurant! I'll have to go back again now.

The C13 is magnificent!

I came in via the C13 to Sort from Foix, France. Lovely ride.

that's only the first 2 nights. Not sailing home until 2nd Oct. Assuming the weather is okay, I will keep going west as far as Porto then head east for a couple of nights in San Sebastian and then 2 final nights in Bilbao. There will be further overnights in between those places. If N.Spain & N.Portugal have poor weather then I can head east into France or even down to the Sierra Nevada as it is just me and one of my bikes (not decided which, yet, S1000XR or R1200RS).

How green are you now :p

Sell both and get a KTM...just a thought 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom