Hotel help - Pyrenees and Picos

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
I am looking at doing a few days in the Pyrenees and then a few days in the Picos.

Can someone recommend a well sited hotel in both areas? We are planning on just having 2 bases and riding out from these.

Cheers

Hotel Del oso in the Picos is wonderful and highly rated on here.

We like Paradores which are are all over Spain.

Don’t worry about getting back for supper, most restaurants don’t open before 9pm

As an alternative, you could consider Isabena. It's a campsite with lodges and bungalows quite near to Huesca.

It has a bar and restaurant, a pool etc.

Our group of four stayed there for three nights recently before heading over to the Picos.

You can park your bike by the lodge

For Pyrenees Hotel Riu Nere in Viella and Gran Hotel de Jaca or Hotel Jaques both in Jaca ,
i would recommend a night in Viella and a night in Jaca or maybe two.

Pyrenees Motorcycle hire Abby & Kevin great location and brilliant welcome/ hospitality
Steve

Definitely Hotel Del Oso for Picos

887f76bbbec3d8521e35ec4707001c53.heic

Food is brilliant and you can go for a ride before brek

810309fb260922c6b9da40929e5408b3.jpg

What TD said - we stayed there for two nights in July.

Amazing setting and really friendly and helpful owners & staff

Hotel Del oso in the Picos is wonderful and highly rated on here.

We like Paradores which are are all over Spain.

Don’t worry about getting back for supper, most restaurants don’t open before 9pm

my biorhythm is going to find this tough during my trip next month

Hi Andy, best of the best in the Picos.

http://www.hoteltorrecerredo.com/

View from our room when we went this month. :thumb2

TD

booked into here half board for my first 2 nights 17-18 Sept to ease myself into the local culture as the owner is British!

my biorhythm is going to find this tough during my trip next month

booked into here half board for my first 2 nights 17-18 Sept to ease myself into the local culture as the owner is British!
How jealous do I feel ...........Wesssie have a great holiday, we loved it . Steve

How jealous do I feel ...........Wesssie have a great holiday, we loved it . Steve

that's only the first 2 nights. Not sailing home until 2nd Oct. Assuming the weather is okay, I will keep going west as far as Porto then head east for a couple of nights in San Sebastian and then 2 final nights in Bilbao. There will be further overnights in between those places. If N.Spain & N.Portugal have poor weather then I can head east into France or even down to the Sierra Nevada as it is just me and one of my bikes (not decided which, yet, S1000XR or R1200RS).

How green are you now :p

I would appreciate that wessie. We are arriving in Bilbao mid afternoon so should give the chambermaid chance to pressure wash it otherwise...

On the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, Hotel Les Brases in Sort is a good base. Bike friendly, secure lock-up for bikes. Food in the hotel is OK and some nice restaurants in the town:thumb

Great loop north via C13 over Col de Bonaigua to Viellha then south to La Pobla de Segur via N230 and N260 then north again back to Sort - about 120 miles.

2w5iljb.jpg

that's only the first 2 nights. Not sailing home until 2nd Oct. Assuming the weather is okay, I will keep going west as far as Porto then head east for a couple of nights in San Sebastian and then 2 final nights in Bilbao. There will be further overnights in between those places. If N.Spain & N.Portugal have poor weather then I can head east into France or even down to the Sierra Nevada as it is just me and one of my bikes (not decided which, yet, S1000XR or R1200RS).

How green are you now :p

Time to cut the grass in the garden, the colour is annoying me! The Sierra Nevada is fantastic, we did it in 2016 exploring the area around Antequra. We also did the Alhambra on a quiet day. We did the Ronda road but on a Hire F650GS with full luggage, so hardly a tarmac ripping machine.

Have a great break Wessie you will love it and traveling on your own you will meet so many more people than if you travel as a pair or a group.

Steve

Definitely Hotel Del Oso for Picos

887f76bbbec3d8521e35ec4707001c53.heic

Food is brilliant and you can go for a ride before brek

810309fb260922c6b9da40929e5408b3.jpg
Just booked a week here next june got a deal with Brittany ferries for boat and hotel on the forum recommendations looking forward to it first time around thd picos.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom