Gaillimh v Luimneach

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's quite a change not having the hurling final on the first Sunday in September but it has been a vintage year in the championship, so who is going to win the All Ireland?

The recently acquired son-in-law is a Limerick man so I'm going to have to go for the Treaty County.

Close in the end but I'm happy to see my neighbours bridge a 45 year gap. :beerjug:

I thought it was a good game, somewhat spoiled by a poor referee. The second half was very exciting though and Limerick deserved their win.

The best game in the world by a long way. And still relatively unknown in the sporting world.

It's quite a change not having the hurling final on the first Sunday in September

went to the ben law house from grand designs yesterday and what was parked in the lane when we got there - Luimneach reg t5 :jes

he told us that the final was today and football is in two weeks and i was surprised

usually mid sept innit?

All-Ireland Sunday is a great time to be out on the bike if you're in a county that's competing. You've the roads all to yourself for a few hours. I remember being in Mayo during the football final in 2013. When I arrived at the Irish Photo Rally point in Lahardaun, I knew Dublin had won because there were a lot of long faces standing outside the pub.

Kerry beat Dublin on Sept 28th 1975 in the football final. I left my then home near Drogheda that morning heading for Collooney, Mulranny, Letterfrack, Liscannor, Limerick & home on Photo Rally duty on my Honda 500. It was a long 550 mile day (no kilometers then) & no motorway either.
The bit I remember most was heading back up the old N7 in late September twilight meeting hordes of happy Kerry fans hanging out the windows of erratically driven cars - quiet a contrast to the empty roads of earlier that day. Ah nostalgia!

Back
Top Bottom