2004 R1200 GS with USB gs-911 diagnostic reader Servo Brake Bleed HELP

Ok, the mrs tried bmw guildford to ask for a rear brake line. She was in guildford and i thought talking to them might help her. To quote her they said.

"You are after a aftermarket piece of kit. We dont sell them. Nippy Normans do."

I sent an email to NN and a super quick reply came back saying, no we don't.

So as per this thread i rang motorworks and the lovely Yvonne talked me through what i needed. It's being ordered now and hopefully will get to its uk destination before tuesday morning.

Im dreading not having linked brakes. One of the big things about owning a gs for me is not having the front dive when you brake or having the bike stand up mid corner if you grab a handful. I know im not meant to do it, but lets face it, we all do from time to time. Or is that what the telelever does. Any non abs observations ?

Now the flashing light. Ironically, I need a certificate of conformity to show the bike has not been tampered with! This is so i can get spanish number plates. The ITV (mot) people, despite spanish reputation of the 80's are highly critical and pay so much more attention.

Is there a way i can get rid of the flashing lights. Do I assume that the abs brake failure light will now stay on as well as the red triangle ? I.e. the one on the rhs of the dash that goes off when you pull away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

at that mileage save yrself all the hassle of chasing problems and just remove the abs pump and servos, not if, just when it will fail from here on in.

opps,

just had a look at the the other replys and yr already on that course of action:thumby:

Here we go,

Rear brake pipe is part number
34 32 7 695 966
https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51556&rnd=07242017

front connector part number ( if you dont want to make a copper pipe up)
34 32 7 650 965

For the flashing lights open up the clocks and either paint the LED or tape over it, job done.

these are bmw parts, ANY car or BIKE dealer can get these parts, overnight in the uk.

I always go to the car dealer here, better service than the bike dealer,none of this waiting shit for parts with the car customers you understand.

Ok, the mrs tried bmw guildford to ask for a rear brake line. She was in guildford and i thought talking to them might help her. To quote her they said.

"You are after a aftermarket piece of kit. We dont sell them. Nippy Normans do."

I sent an email to NN and a super quick reply came back saying, no we don't.

So as per this thread i rang motorworks and the lovely Yvonne talked me through what i needed. It's being ordered now and hopefully will get to its uk destination before tuesday morning.

Im dreading not having linked brakes. One of the big things about owning a gs for me is not having the front dive when you brake or having the bike stand up mid corner if you grab a handful. I know im not meant to do it, but lets face it, we all do from time to time. Or is that what the telelever does. Any non abs observations ?

Now the flashing light. Ironically, I need a certificate of conformity to show the bike has not been tampered with! This is so i can get spanish number plates. The ITV (mot) people, despite spanish reputation of the 80's are highly critical and pay so much more attention.

Is there a way i can get rid of the flashing lights. Do I assume that the abs brake failure light will now stay on as well as the red triangle ? I.e. the one on the rhs of the dash that goes off when you pull away.

Yes, it's what the Telelever does :thumb2

You will be able to lock the wheels (but you knew that) otherwise, nothing new apart from, of course, freedom from ABS problems :thumb2

Ok thanks.

Will not doubt post a few more questions before i get on the road.
Can't wait. One of the reasons I moved here..
7f340898ea57c7da2539be104f45885d.jpg
f260efd62114adbcc5802ef489700ec6.jpg

If you press and hold the rear brake lever the servo switches off. It only does it on the rear brake and only on the GS model. , it's so the servo doesn't run continuously if using and holding the rear brake while off road or a hill start .
Learn something everyday on here.

Ok, servectomy started, no turning back now. Decided to start on the back, and am now a bit stuck. When motorworks sent me the "kit" i got sent a springing clip and a small rubber washer seperately. Cant quite work out where it goes. As per pick do I have to put the rubber washer onto the end of the brake line as it goes in. If this is the case then i cant get the clip to sit properly. Do i have to push it in really firmly. If so Im frightened that i will bend the new back brake line.
Thanks
5fa8fb81e9dd7a9bfb21ebe83ea2180b.jpg

I now have two seperate brake systems. Back seems ok, but front is very spongy. Oddly on the left hand side caliper, the brake fluid was clear, when bleeding, but on the rhs it was filthy.
Still have that little black rubber washer left over as per previous pic

Not sure what to do next with the servo reservoirs.

Any advise greatly appreciated...
d18c9e4a604a60c7bb18947d6aa3a9de.jpg

I now have two seperate brake systems. Back seems ok, but front is very spongy. Oddly on the left hand side caliper, the brake fluid was clear, when bleeding, but on the rhs it was filthy.
Still have that little black rubber washer left over as per previous pic

Not sure what to do next with the servo reservoirs.

Any advise greatly appreciated...
d18c9e4a604a60c7bb18947d6aa3a9de.jpg

You remove that whole block ;)

if you look at the thread i linked to it shows. you split the electronics pack off the ABS unit and wire each brake circuit to a reservoir.

Nothing other than electrics goes into the old connector block

? .......

Isnt that what you end up with? The front brakes fed from the front reservoir, and the rear from the rear resovoir?

Or are they still linked once the servo block is removed?

tbh i didnt go looking at mine

Isnt that what you end up with? The front brakes fed from the front reservoir, and the rear from the rear resovoir?

Or are they still linked once the servo block is removed?

tbh i didnt go looking at mine

You said "wire each brake circuit to a reservoir"... wire a circuit ...... that all sounds electrical to me :D

Back
Top Bottom