What the T Urban should have looked like

oldnfat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bahnstormer Maidenhead have this on display and it looks fab in the flesh. The Kit including the Dakar tank (painted plastic) is about £4ks worth of stuff :eek: but it looks to be very good quality....from Italy I understand.

BMW would have sold a boat load looking like this....but not at a total price of £15k this one is on for.

96C45F92-6A66-46BC-BD59-B2AD6A47CE3D.jpg

Good looking poser bike...:thumb

What the (Urban) R9T G/S really should have looked like ?

- A little longer & better quality suspension
- tach and gear indicator
- center-stand
- factory aluminum hardbags and rack
- optional bigger headlight cowl to keep wind off you chest

It’s a matter of taste & functionality, really nice options & it keeps it special being fairly unique..
but I DO like it

Good looking poser bike...:thumb

What the (Urban) R9T G/S really should have looked like ?

- A little longer & better quality suspension
- tach and gear indicator
- center-stand
- factory aluminum hardbags and rack
- optional bigger headlight cowl to keep wind off you chest

Agree with all of that...other than the tach....don’t really need one. But by the time you have specked that lot up you could buy a BAMW restored version....I know which one I’d rather have.

Nope, the Urban G/S should've looked like this.....

Attachments

• 1465207787009.jpg
    1465207787009.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 410
Bahnstormer Maidenhead have this on display and it looks fab in the flesh. The Kit including the Dakar tank (painted plastic) is about £4ks worth of stuff :eek: but it looks to be very good quality....from Italy I understand.

BMW would have sold a boat load looking like this....but not at a total price of £15k this one is on for.

View attachment 384722

That price is basically the cost of a new Urban with the Unit Garage kit on it...Personally i'd have bought the slightly lower priced kit which would have omitted the exhaust (i prefer the original version) bars etc. That one also has the original front mudguard on it, the Unit Garage version is shorter and looks shite. The cylinder heads have been painted black on that one and it has the Wunderlich hand guards which look great. The only think thats missing IMHO are the Wunderlich engine bars...

Just bought one from Park Lane. Coming tomorrow but I've already started farkling.
P.S. Blade Motorrad who are losing their franchise have a brand new X Turban, unregistered for £9999. Best if you have no trade in cause they offered me feck all for my Africa Twin.

Back
Top Bottom