Stickiest tyres for stock wheels

I can hang off if necessary, had to when running K60s.
69b6c8578fb04eb2382535aeba1652be.jpg

That looks like a Rider Perfection Trackday sticker :beerjug:

That looks like a Rider Perfection Trackday sticker :beerjug:

It was so long ago I can’t remember, it was at snetterton and with bmw owners club. The Ducati could have been snetterton or rockingham, if it was rockingham it would have been CSS, if it was a normal trackday it could have been with anyone, but I always liked doing speedfreaks with Jamie Whitham, they were fun, before everyone had a trackday bike, rode there did the trackday and ride home hopefully. That’s still how I do it today.

Running Conti Road Attack 3, they show signs of very light heat/tear at the edges when pushed hard on the GS. 1290 GT and they were border line for getting greasy when pushed hard (slight slide possible, though predictable) but that was going hard and high temperature tarmac in Germany last year.
If previous experience of Michelins is anything to go by then Pr5 grip should be superb. Tread pattern looks much improved from Pr4, they were superb apart from got sick of the many different punctures in the rears.
Dunlop Roadsmart 3 also very good.

It was so long ago I can’t remember, it was at snetterton and with bmw owners club.

Yeah, that's Robert's trackdays. I join every year.

Rode there did the trackday and ride home hopefully. That’s still how I do it today.

Did the same for years.
Switched to the van for some tracks (Snet, Cadwell) when I changed the bike I use, as it is a lot of miles for the tyres. But I normally ride (and prefer to ride) to Brands, rode the HP2 to Snetterton this June too.

Last year I took the GSA to Brands, evening sessions, changed at work and left at 3pm... rode to the track, did 3 sessions, rode back home for dinner: bliss.

After a few laps the Trailsmarts will squirm a bit on braking, but were still pretty much ok. Even though there are way more "road" focussed tyres that will fit GSs.

This is the road 5 on my mates triumph 1050 tiger sport, he doesn’t do trackdays, just road riding, sometimes two up.
994abe2d2c95e5205b3d4757f550fb8e.jpg

Looking at the sides I worry if they will tear up completely on track?

Looking at the tire especially not ridden hard on the road with the outer edge unused (chickenstrip) I would say the PR5 have no business on the track...they will get too hot.
I would ride CRA3 or PST2...a friend of mine rates the DR3 for the track but they wear awfully quick.

He does ride fast with a passenger also, but my fear was the 5 is not a track tyre also. My search continues.

The MPR5 is definitely not a track tire but made to work well in rain...wrong temperature window for the track unless it rains than MPR5 and MR01 work probably best...;)
The CRA3 is currently the sportiest tire in GS size...

The MPR5 is definitely not a track tire but made to work well in rain...wrong temperature window for the track unless it rains than MPR5 and MR01 work probably best...;)
The CRA3 is currently the sportiest tire in GS size...

I like track days pictures do you have any like GB

Back
Top Bottom